1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 916 Sps Woes

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Bad-Yeti, Jun 24, 2018.

1. I totally agree with this - from what I could see when I went to view it, it looked fine, started fine, servicing looked good. As said, just a few minor bits of usual surface corrosion on some of the fasteners.
    The floating disc centres were spotless!
    Looked like a good buy to me, if bought knowing some things were not 100% correct for the purist.

• Like Like x 1
  2. This sale will be about the bottom dollar as this now is the only stumbling block:upyeah:

3. Don't envy you hope the surgery goes well

• Like Like x 1
  4. I've thought hard about this one and I think I will pass for now, I prefer to take the time to assess what other opportunities could come up. I'd also prefer to find a bike with no such restoration needed.

Thanks for all the inputs and open discussion guys, sincerely appreciate it.

And above all I wish you all the best for the surgery Bad-Yeti with a quick and good recovery, good health comes first!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Regarding the exhaust, is it correct for this model? Should it have the larger shield (and therefor a different system)? Is this the correct size system for the SPS?

6. sps is 50mm straight thru iirc

7. Are they 50 through on this bike they look to be so, just without the large heat shield

8. The side exhaust heat shield is non original / changed part, it should be the larger carbon model.

9. Yes, I believe they are 50mm all the way.
    Just the heat shield is not carbon “long” version. These can be fitted with special jubilee type clips.

• Like Like x 1
  10. My point though is that the larger heat shield would not bolt on to this pipe..

11. Cool. Rick check your PM

• Like Like x 1
  12. Back at ya!

13. I fitted a long heatshield to my 50mm system on my bitsa 916SPS, it didn’t have the welded on attachment points so I used the jubilee clips like I just mentioned.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Are they just available on eBay?

15. Dunno, I got mine in 2004!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Is someone ever going to buy this poor chaps motorcycle:thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. He decided to keep it and restore it me thinks :thinkingface:

18. :motorcycleduc::upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information