1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 - Wont Rev Past 7k

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by dalecullen1066, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Cheers Buddy, I have a few sensors left to change- after that F%$*%( knows :) but at least it down to me :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. +1 for louigi moto

• Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome to the forum Dale. :)

4. If your email does not get any results i would go directly to Phil Jessop ,the owner of Riders ,I cant imagine that he would be too pleased that you are discussing that his dealership for one charged £300 for no benefit to you ,and more importantly damaged your bike in the process !

This is my closest Ducati dealership and after reading this i will not be using them to service my bike later on this year .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. My brother had very similar symptoms on his Ducati 916 SPS, over 12 months he took the bike to 2 or 3 different Ducati dealerships and some independent Ducati specalists. They all claimed to have checked everything and my brother spent a fortune on replacement parts (even including a complete new wiring harness) but to no avail.
    Anyway eventually someone found a broken pin on the performance chip in the ECU and the problem was solved.
    The really annoying thing was everyone of the mechanics had claimed to have checked the chip and ECU but in reality none of them had!

• Useful Useful x 3
  6. Welcome into our mad house

Thank you for the bins :)

Hope you get sorted quickly

• Like Like x 1
  7. +1 for Vinnie’s suggestion above. I’d not be pleased having to pay for a franchised Ducati dealer to tell me they know there’s a problem but don’t know what it is and then damage my bike in the process :confused:.

Here’s hoping you get to the cause of the quickly with help from the Forum:upyeah:.

It’s worth checking out Mike378’s suggestion above.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Good call on Mike's suggestion of checking the EPROM for bent or broken leg, particularly if the ECU doesn't have the original label on, but be very careful putting it back in as legs can very easily be bent double!

9. Definitely. will check all when is back. Riders have quickly collected bike and are going to repair all the damage ect. No idea how long it will take though. will update when I have it back and have swapped over the crank. Air and leads . Will check pins on chip too. Thanks all for help so far ...

#29 dalecullen1066, Jun 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  10. Problems and mistakes do happen,its the next part in the process that will speak volumes.

• Agree Agree x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information