1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916sps Owner - Lensdale Sa

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Lensdale, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Need a good site for the Ducati rear rack.

2. if you are extremely adaptable and reliable there is a great opportunity for an escape from city life down here. You will need a working visa of course but this job, being remote falls into a particular class, I forget the number they call it. The Manager is an ex-schoolmate I have kept in touch with and she sent me the Ad as we employ quite a few backpackers.

Cattle station.JPG

[​IMG]

#22 Lensdale, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2019
  3. Re: Outback job

Sounds great and initially it would have been up my alley. However, I am
    a little too old and basically have my finally chapters booked up. I do have a few cowboy nephews that I will relay.

4. Nice bike. You have enough acres to build a test/race track! Could be a money spinner!!!

5. It's a 457 visa that they will need, they need to meet the trade assessment as a mechanic and as it is remote it is a "long stay" visa whatever that means.

6. I will see if one is game for the trip.

Thank you,

7. Yo, and a very warm welcome to you.
    :)

#27 Carr01, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. 457 is a long stay (4 year) business visa. It's arranged by a company to employ/sponsor an overseas temporary resident. The company has to provide health cover for the employee and effectively the employee must have skills which cannot be found locally or are on the skills shortage list. (Theres a bit more to it but that's the simple outline)
    I worked on 457's for almost 9 years as a mechanic/tradesman in Sydney

9. How was the pay ? Should be fairly high..

10. There would be a big difference between working in Sydney, and working in the East Pilbara where cattle stations are measured in the millions of hectares. Not that many are cut out for the isolation I suppose. So I would guess that pay would be high to try and get young men out there. But I am only guessing.

11. And from the IP address based in America, Germany, Belgium, Pakistan, and now the Philippines :)

Welcome for the 3rd time Dave :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. I am still looking for the gt rear luggage rack. I see the so so aftermarkets.
    Hopefully, I don't have to make one.

13. Why don’t you ask in the “Wanted” section?

• Like Like x 1
  14. The newbies section isn’t the right place to post
    Try bike specific or wanted

15. Oops just spotted you :D

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Oh FFS :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

17. I’m still learning and there is still the first spot going on my naughty step beware :thinkingface::)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  18. Hope you have carpet on your naughty step:)
    images.jpg

19. Do you want to find out

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information