1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

939 Hyperstrada 939 Seat Hight

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Malcolm Pitman, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Hi All,
    I currently own an 1100s and I'm toying with the idea of getting a 939 as well.

Apart from the fact I've always liked Ducati's (had a bevel gear 900ss for years but sold it just before the price went through the roof, Doh), the reason I've got into the Hypermotard is for the high seat. I lost my right leg years ago, which causes issues with sitting on a bike as I can't really bend it comfortably past 90 degrees (I'm 6'2" as well which compounds the issue), so modern sports bikes are a no go.

My question is this: The 939 seat height is 870mm and the SP is 890mm, how do Ducati get the extra Height from the SP? Is it from a higher seat (ie bigger gap between seat and footpegs), or have they just jacked up the ride height, so the relationship between the seat and pegs remains the same?

Any help on this would be appreciated.

2. its the same seat, i believe its down to the online suspension

3. I believe @Daddy2coull is right, the difference is due to the suspension setup and not the seat.

4. Thanks guys,
    The seats certainly look similar, appreciate the feedback.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Correct above :) the 939 SP has 15mm more front suspension travel and an extra 5mm from the shock which I’m pretty certain has a longer eye to eye length as well. I own an SP but have also ridden a Hyperstrada and the ergonomics felt the same but the bike was just a touch lower.

6. Ok, Thanks for that. I've also seen on the forum that the racing seat option is slightly higher than the stock item, so might go nearly new and get that seat ordered.

7. I find the race seat a lot more comfortable than the stock so hopefully that’s a winner for you :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information