1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

95 - 748 Bp Out Of Hibernation!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by ALISTAIR STANWAY, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Welcome to the forum but we need pictures good luck wth the rebuild

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Hello and welcome from fellow Cheshire 748 owner, albeit a yellow one

3. nowt wrong with the yellow uns... yellow is only surpassed by black and white.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. So, some pics. Already started removing a few bits for cleaning and have a nice collection of new service items.
    Great service from Ducati Mondo!

Also thinking of brake clutch line replacement and also noted Cush drive has a bit of play in it too!

3CC23F2C-2CDA-48D0-84D3-DE0EA549E1AF.jpeg

33795B61-7B11-41AF-B016-1A6CAAFAAC4D.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  5. BTW - Bike Tec front stand is ace

6. when you said taking out of hibernation after a few years, i had images of a dirty old bike covered in cobwebs and rat poo.... that really is a nice warm garage you have there!!! you could eat ya dinner offa that bike (although id imagine one would get stabbed for trying such a thing)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blimey that’s clean. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. In fairness I have been cleaning a bit. Clutch slave has leaked and didn’t spit it. Taken all the paint of the case so that’s coming off to be repainted.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Missed this off pics. Really nice and secure stand. Recommended.

C7EABC8C-E1C6-4A0A-B5BA-7AE19972B817.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. It's not unusual to have a small amount of movement in the cush drive.
    Steve

11. Agree mine has a small amount of "end float" in sprocket on carrier. Cush drive checked OK.

12. Wow that sure is clean , it’s not gonna take you long to get back on the road :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Welcome and to be fair that looks cleaner than mine when I’ve cleaned it o_O

14. Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 17.34.11.png

As you appear to be on the std sprocket and you said about cush drive play....be careful the sprocket doesn't wind itself off the cush drives and damage the swing arm.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information