1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

950 Full Termi Install Duration?

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Peter Jackson, Aug 25, 2020.

1. I have been quoted for three hours labor to install a full Termi system on my 950 hypermotard. Does this sound right?

2. From the pictures of the bike on the Ducati web site, it looks a fiddly job so it depends on what has to be removed to get at the manifolds. The upload and road test will be about 30 minutes of that 3 hours and 2 1/2 hours doesn’t too far off. You can always phone a different dealer and ask how long it would take to fit an exhaust. Is your quote supply and fit or just fit ? Andy

3. Thanks for the reply Andy. The quote was just to fit the exhaust.

4. Despite your service provider location flag, I see you live in Hampshire. Was the quote from Snells or Moto Rapido ? Andy

5. Get another quote & go back to the more local one, with a 'can you match this quote' scenario. But on the whole, once the exhaust is in it's done for life. It will state 'racing' on each start up.

6. lol - yup I am in Hampshire, the quote was from Snells.

7. Snells is a respected dealer and probably wouldn’t play GunZenBomZ’s game. If you want peace of mind, give Andy, the workshop manager at Moto Rapido, a call on 01962 873984 and ask the same question. I know MR are currently flat out at the moment and may not be able to do the job for several weeks, if their quote is cheaper. Andy

8. It's not a game @Android853sp its a business tactic & money saver. It doesn't require guts or dishonesty simply gain 2nd quote & if lower offer the inital dealer the chance to take up the lower quoted price.

"Hi I've got a lower quote for installing the race-exhaust & upmap, would you be willing to match it?"

9. In this instance, we will have to agree to disagree. Doesn’t make either of us a bad person :upyeah: Andy

#9 Android853sp, Aug 25, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  10. Don't Ducati set a standard time for fitting accessories?

11. 3 hours is about right. I paid the same for the installation of mine. They would need to remove the entire pipe so yeah...

I would like to add one thing. If OP purchases the termi full system from Ducati and have the dealer installed, it will show "Racing Evo". I believe the "Racing" is with T800.

12. Your very lucky you don't have a V4R as that is eight hours labour charge.:eek:

13. The first V4s took 10+ hours. Andy

14. Thank christ they're up to speed these days.;)

15. Thankfully I was offered free fitting at the first service. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  16. A man on the inside always helps matters,well done you.:upyeah:

17. Taking my time it took me about 4 hours to fit mine so 3 hours In a workshop sounds about right to me.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information