1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

950 Sp Ordered

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Alan-g, Jan 6, 2019.

1. I rode a S1000r sport last year and loved it. Opposite opinion to comfysofa, I came off it and was ready to buy but my insurance was ridiculous. If bland is predictable then it is bland, but I found it gives lots of confidence to ride fast and equally happy slow in traffic.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I had an S1000R for two years and there was a hell of a lot that i liked about it but it lacked character and I never really loved it like I do my 939sp :thinkingface:

3. Update:
    Got my hyperstrada sold yesterday, its off to Germany for the rest of its life.
    Iv got my evotech performance rad, oil, and engine guards in the living room ready to go on.
    Iv ordered the bike with the Bluetooth module, heated grips, and 2yrextended warranty.
    Going to get a biketrac put on it.
    And im looking at getting it coated in ceramic pro before it starts to get dirty

4. Had a test ride on the standard 950...probably the most fun I have had on a bike in a long time. Went back to the same dealer this afternoon and they have a new SP in, apparently customer decided on a Tuono instead. The SP looks amazing and the stock bike looks a bit dull next to it. Not sure if the SP is worth it and whether the Ohlins can be setup for riding on crappy UK roads. The suspension feels much stiffer than the stock bike. Also, dealer offering 7% APR on PCP, but I got my Monster 1200 at 3%. 7% seems steep. The Monster is great fun to ride, but the Hyper is even better. I just can't bring myself to get it and get shafted on the APR. I guess the higher APR is because they expect it to depreciate quite quickly. I could just keep the Monster and then go all in for the V4 Multistrada when it arrives. Any views on my first-world problem? Anyone got a better deal on an SP?

5. Get an older sp....

6. Can't...I've ridden the new one. Does the slow speed filtering very well, better than Monster and then it does the crazy stuff well too. Plus I like all the electronic safety gizmos - they have saved me four times in the past three years, so would never consider a bike without them. (I ride quite a few country roads, so I've had gravel, sand and mud on the road, plus two bird strikes - pigeon and a pheasant. The pheasant hurt, the pigeon just exploded into blood and feathers.)

7. Fair cop. My dyno'd 1100 evo sp will crawl through traffic at between 5 - 15mph with no issues....electronics: never had so i cant say...test rode a bike a few years back with electronic everything...that was enough for me...

#47 comfysofa, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  8. Your Evo sounds good. I think with the gizmos, once they have saved you, or you have seen them work - you tend to want them on any bike. I don't ride like a loon, but I do tend the ride early mornings, particularly in the summer.

9. For me electronics felt un-nerving and disjointed from what my arse was telling me feeling what was coming from the road....having said that if ever i have the dosh to buy something new (not very likely for the foreseeable) then i might come round....id love a new fireblade, zx10 or something like that so i suppose one day i might have something but, having electronics definately doesnt drive my purchase...

I will add though, electronics aside the new hyper is the best looking one yet aside from my 1100..still say they should have put the multistrada lump in there...

10. Most banks do loans for 3%. Wont help if u can only afford the pcp monthly payments, but usually better off paying full price on a 3% loan than doing pcp on half the value at 7%.

11. Yes, can get a loan for 2.9%. The thing with PCP is that I like to change bikes every 2-3 years. Easier under a PCP deal to change. My excuse is that bikes are all quite different, they all have different characters - unlike cars, which can be quite samey. The other small issue is that I have a GSA, with the PCP deal on that about to expire. I want to keep it and pay the balance via a cheap loan. I sold my old Volvo estate to buy the GSA, so need a car replacement. (Got fed up sitting in traffic and watching bikes filtering past.) :))

The GSA is qute a good car replacement...almost as big.

Plus I now work from home, so no longer have the expense of commuting.

I know, all sounds a bit self-indulgent. But, if you buy a bike I have returned under a PCP deal you will get a low-mileage, pampered bargain, with all the goodies on it ;-)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information