1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

!958 BSA trials bike

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Pierre 66, Mar 5, 2012.

1. 1958 BSA trials bike

Some pics of my BSA trials bike.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She does clean up

[​IMG]

I have more pictures of me riding if your interested, don`t want to unnecessarily clog this shiny new forum up with pics of old British nails.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yep the old C15T. When I rode trials back then the C15Ts had steel tanks as standard. I rode a Greeves Scottish. Great days!

3. I had plenty of fun on this old clunker - a Beamish Suzuki 250 outfit. Shame I sold it really.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Hi Alan,
    I have fibre glass tank and plastic mudguards, sheer luxury ;)
    If I`ve done it right there should be a pic of a Greeves for you, don`t know if its a Scottish though.
    (I haven`t, its the eleventh picture down)

Poachers Pre 65 Trials – February 19th 2012

Hi Figaro,
    there are quite a few solo Beamish 250 and 325 at a club I ride at, only seen one outfit and that was on a Bultaco, sidecar trials just doesn`t seem to be popular up here.

These pictures of my bike were taken last year, I`ve done a bit of work on her since then, engine re-build, external oil filter, new shocks, taller bars and new pegs (mullered the others falling backwards off a rocky step two weeks ago :eek: )
    There are some upto date pictures of my BSA in my albums if anyone is interested.
    Cheers.

5. Great pics, I love a bit of classic trials, not that I'm much good. There's a great classic meet at Sallywood farm, Nailsworth (Gloucestershire) every year, with trials, scrambles and autojumble. It's run by the Golden Valley MCC if I recall correctly. Cracking day/weekend out.

6. Greeves...brilliant bikes...I had a Hawkstone with the leading link front forks for a while...It was very reliable but a bit tall in the saddle for shorta*se AL.

Having seen the sidecar outfit I wondered where the wheels were.......these are wheels.......and its not too tall for me.

AL.

7. They only made three, presumably as you say because it isn't very popular. I asked every one of my mates to passenger for me, and they all backed away hastily...

8. I would have jumped at the chance, bet its good fun if there are a few of them competing.

9. Hi Al,
    think I`ve shown you these pictures before but what the hey.....

My Grandad sidecar racing in the 50`s

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. I run a 1960 reg BSA B40 for two years back in the mid 60's, only thing was it had a total loss system on it, had to take three batters with me for every meeting, sad that I sold it for £25.00

11. Mine has a self generating system, while the engine is running you just have power for a spark. There`s no battery, no lights,no ignition switch etc.

£25.00......

Paid £950 for mine 5 or 6 years ago.

12. I have recently bought a 50's B31 for £50. It had been sat at my Grandparents house since the late 60's, they have recently died and the bike which once belonged to my Father, but then was owned by my Uncle, was all that was left, I enquired if he wanted it, he didn't and he said I could have it for £50. The bike is as you would expect for a bike sat in a garage for 40 odd years and has a lot of dirt and rust on it, I plan on turning it into a road legal trials type bike. I will post some pictures up of it as it is.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information