1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 959 Final Edition?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by duke63, Jan 9, 2019.

1. where's that from?

2. This from a year ago...

Even when the 1299 superbike does finish production, Ducati say there will still be a V-twin in their sportsbike line-up, even if it’s just their super- mid 959 Panigale. Ducati’s new V4 motor is hugely expensive to produce and takes twice as long to assemble as a twin, meaning it isn’t suitable for a middleweight sportsbike that competes in a more price-sensitive segment.

Ducati CEO Claudio Domenicali said: "We won’t see middleweight versions of the V4 for bikes like the 959 Panigale.

"The engine cost is very high. We’ll keep on making the V-twin for the 959. It’ll have a long life."

3. Ducati dealer in France posted it.

4. Added Stickers :thinkingface:

5. not in the class of an end of range bike.....probably see prices attempted to be hiked.....but not sold.

6. Old news, they haven't ever done a Final Edition mid tier sportsbike, the have only done the Corse in the last 10 years, the 749R being the last to actually be an 'R' model.

I would bet my house on the 959 becoming a 1000cc Twin for Euro 5 to keep it in the 150HP region with the stricter rules.

7. 997? :thinkingface:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information