1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Panigale

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by stephen boag, Jun 27, 2022.

1. @stephen boag, cracking bike, I’ve got the same…
    Just a tip, when leaving the bike out in the sun, try to get into the habit of leaving your gloves on the dash. Same say the tinted screens intensify the heat and cause the dash screen to crack.
    A few of us are heading up to Arrochar this Friday for a long weekend. Maybe see you at the Green Welly? :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. How would he recognise you Ian? All 959’s look the same :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. That's a great tip Ian, and one which I will follow, this is the kind of insight I was seeking out as a Ducati newbie. Stonking bike by the way. Watch the Loch road up to Arrochar, lots of tourists hire cars and go sight seeing, some of them from overseas sometimes forget we drive on the left, and lots of junction's and side roads to keep you focused, not saying you are not vigilant but there are many accident's on that road with bikers, plus lots of crazy young lads on bikes with their ego riding, and the traffic cops hide in laybys, plenty scope to open the taps though just pick your moments. :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. So you saying just stick to 95 ron, there is no benefit with 99? Is this the consensus?

5. How on earth do I load a profile pic of my bike to my id? I just cant see how to do it?

6. Send me a PM with your pic and I’ll add it for you :)

7. 959.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. you are a star, thanks for helping me

9. It will be a split vote. Essential on older generation bikes but the newer generation bikes are more tolerant. Think 2013/14 on. Personally, I have run all of the Panigales I have owned on the cheap stuff (V4s, Panigale R, 959 & will do on my V2 Bayliss when it arrives) with no ill effects. In winter I always fill them with super and on older gen bikes it’s super and fuel stabiliser.
    Plenty will agree. Plenty will disagree. Pay your money and make your choice.

• Like Like x 1

10. Well that's rear world experience, not worth the extra money then. My 1993 Blade gets the 99 always. Thanks Jack, nice history of bikes you have there.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Looking at your second pic it would appear the bike has been on track (good!!).
    If you plan to track the bike ever, this is an interesting thread:-

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/1299-oil-leak.86593/#post-1852568

Also, make sure you keep your battery in tip top condition all year round. They take a lot of effort to start and a weak battery puts unnecessary strain on the starter gear. Lots upgrade to a lithium job.
    Enjoy your bike, they are superb.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks Jack, what lead to you the conclusion its been tracked, again I am learning.
    Good advice on the battery, I will get the ctek on it when not being used for longer periods of time.

13. If that (the second pic) was a pre sale picture then the edges of the tyres look bobbled if you zoom in a bit. The first pic it’s wearing new boots. It’s pretty unlikely that you could get enough heat into the tyres for them to appear thus on the road. Don’t sweat it, it’s designed to be tracked. Just an observation.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. proberly need a rebuild soon then if its been tracked, il take it off ya hands cheap, save you the bother :upyeah:

no need to thank me :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Yes just re booted it, well spotted, serviced it as well, Ducati trained guys, very pleased with it, and as you say its what its designed for

16. What is non-stock about it?

17. Hi Jack, I got the the bottom of the tyre wear pre purchase, the owner bought scrubs from BSB riders cheaply and used them f
    or dry day runs, its never been tracked, which is consistent with the unmarked condition, again not that it matters....

Quite a bit, approx 4k of extras, I am told.... see below.

unnamed (2).jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information