1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 959 With Akrapovic Under Belly Slip On - Noise Level?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by torepuma, Oct 12, 2016.

1. 1299 under belly definitely WILL get you on track. 1299/US959 look exactly the same and I was allowed on at Bedford, Donnington and Silverstone no problem. I was also just let on at Oulton with a standard 1299, which is considerably louder than the 959 with under belly (and the 959 with under belly is louder than the Akra side pipes, and looks sooo right!). If you want under belly, do it!

2. Thanks, I am waiting for a response on the OEM 1299 exhaust. This will probably be the cheapest way to get under belly exhaust AS you have described in another thread.

I have also consulted with the local Ducati club and 899, 1999 and 1299s with Termis is actually allowed on track here. Thus, it seems that my options are more open than I thought as the 959 with under belly Akra will probably be of similar noise levels as the other Panigales with Termis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. I have seen 1199/899's with termis on track, but I have also seen them not allowed on track (read the Panigale trackday noise level thread in the trackday section). It is definitely more of a gamble with Termis, and more at the desgression of the tester..... Oulton Park failed a termi piped 1199 (and an R1M) last week. I was over the limit, however as soon as he checked I had a standard exhaust he let me go.

4. Yes, I have read that thread and I am aware of the difficulties involved.

I am keeping my options open. I have been in touch with the local Termi importer and he informed me that the db level on the new Termi slip on for the 959 (released yesterday) should be quite a bit lower than the Termi slip on for the 899/1199/1299. Official release will be at EICMA with all the details. Cost wise it will certainly be higher than OEM 1299/US959, but it may be easier to get hold of the parts.

5. Mine sounds a lot louder with US spec underbelly than twin akro.

6. The akrapovic underbelly
    Is louder than their termi

An 899 passed noise test at croft when I was there no problem. There's no way the akrapovic would have.

7. What if you didn't get this deal as per myself or the OP and many others. Lots o people didn't get one for £500 so this may appeal to them.

8. Lots of people probably didn't get that deal, but that still doesn't mean I think it is worth £700.... and I'm not the only one, because it keeps failing to sell at that.

9. Having just purchased a skinny late at $8 feckin dollars, I'm sure feeling it!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. To me it sounds a bit strange that the Akrapovic under belly on the 959 is louder than the Termi on the 899 as the 959 is supposed to be more quiet stock, but many people are saying the same thing so I guess it is true.

I am still waiting for a response from mye dealer regarding the official noise level on the Akrapovic under belly slip on. I will update when I get the response.

11. The Akrapovics seem to have bigger outlets and the exhaust is a 60mm system. Honestly even hearing the standard 959 I can't believe it's any quieter than an 899, certainly not like the jap 4 cylinder level of noise I was expecting!!

12. I have read that the noise was the biggest obstacle for Ducati in order to get the 959 under the Euro 4 regime. I have not heard an 899, but I think the 959 is quite noisy stock. Let us hope it never gets down to the Jap 4 cylinder noise level[emoji41]

13. Why is it strange? The main reason the stock Euro4 959 is quieter is because of the exhaust.... remove that exhaust and it will be at least as noisy (potentially noisier because the engine is bigger capacity and the exhaust headers are a larger diameter).

My educated guess on Akra underbelly is 103-105dB with baffles and 106-109 without baffles.

959 is massively quieter standard. All the noise test results and frame stamping confirm that, and mine changed significantly when I switched to the OEM US 959 underbelly (from 99dB to 103dB).

It will get as low as the Euro regulations require it to get, but there will always be after market stuff to spice it up.

14. Worth remembering that if you're thinking of going to the track with it, not all testers use the same RPM.
    ACU for example, is 5,500 I think for a 959, but Silverstone test all bikes at 7,500rpm, and places like Combe will use 3/4 maximum revs

15. The noise tester told me to put it in wet mode for noise test

Don't know if it makes a difference or not

16. You are probably correct. I think the Akra underbelly will not be an option. Thanks for all your input in this matter.

17. Thanks for your help on this matter. As mentioned in another thread, the base 1299 may be my preferred option[emoji41]

18. Has anyone been noise tested with the akrapovic with or without baffles?

I know what mine did with euro 4 and with OEM 1299 exhaust but considering an akrapovic if its suitable for track days

Any tri options cup people know for sure what the akrapovic does?

19. I have Akrapovic underbelly with upmap and flapper removed on my 959 (Trioptions kit) and it measures 108db at 5.5k. I don't have the "real" baffles but do have pipeworx closed end stubbies, they make no difference whatsoever! Still measures 108db. Maybe they help on a full tilt drive by, I couldn't say. The only surefire track day you can do In UK is going to be a Donny loud Day, no probs there.
    However, if you read around there seem to be a few tracks you'll get away with it on as they have a sane/pragmatic attitude, I.e. will let you out as long as you don't trip the drive by. The most likely are Silverstone, Cadwell, Anglesey and Llandow, and maybe even knockhill, Pembrey, Snett or Bedford. I have no experience of those, only Donny, but that is my personal "might try and wing it" list compiled from talking to people and reading a lot of forum posts...I take no responsibility for it!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information