1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT 96680581a - Gps Navigation Support Set Mts Dvt

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Noble Ron, May 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. @Anthony Oliveri if it's like mine, those sticky pads attach to the inside of the metal triangle shaped part to protect the plastic screen adjuster that it slides over. The small metal right angle part attaches too (with some help of some sticky), as you look at the bike from the front with the screen off, to the square'ish hole in the screen adjuster, that piece of metal sticks to the upper lip so that the alan bolt with the pointy end strikes the right angle edge of the small metal strip to secure it.
    Hope this makes some sense.

2. I added the long ones up the side, and maybe across the middle and possibly the blue one. I can't remember exactly. But this should sort you out.

[​IMG]

3. Hey guys thank you very much, appreciate the help. I got it all squared away!!!

-ant

4. Does anyone know if there is a version of this bracket for a 2013 Multi?

5. For future reference the correct location of the sticky pads are:

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 18.55.41.png

6. Fully fitted genuine Ducati satnav holder, with a TomTom rider mount, rubber cap to protect the terminals when mount not in use & plugged in to the bikes sat nav supply cable.

IMG_0048.JPG IMG_0049.JPG

7. BabyD, where did you get that plastic cap from please.
    Also I can see you haven't put the locking device on your holder, but I did when I fitted mine but to get access for the key it had to be spaced away from the screen. So when I used it for the first time last weekend I was surprised by how much it bounced around, does yours bounce around a lot or not, if it doesn't I'm tempted to take the locking part off mine to see if it's any better.

8. I don,t have locking device on & it does bounce around a lot. Suppose i,ll have to get used to it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Good luck trying to find another cap.....it took me a good afternoon on the internet to find it, then all I could find was a web site in dutch that was selling discontiuned stock, so google translate was my friend & had to import it from the Netherlands, I got the mount cap & the cap to go on the power lead.

10. As for the mount bouncing, they will all do it as you have a weight bouncing on a long bit of metal thats not securely fixed at the other end, the only way I can see to sort it is drill & screw/bolt the bottom of the mount.

11. After a bit of research I found a mount I could take a part & adapt to fit on the end of the Ducati mount, An expensive way of doing it but looks almost as if its suppose to be that way.

12. How did you get the Ducati satnav holder to work with your Tomtom mount/holder? The one I got apparently was only made to work with the Zumo 395. I have a Zumo 595 and had to drill holes and epoxy my mount to it to make it work. And yes mine bounces around quite a bit too but don't think there's any way it's coming loose or falling off.

13. Ah wish I would have been as patient. I was frustrated that it didn't work with my Zumo and drilled holes then used epoxy to securely mount/affix it. Works great, looks great from the front and back but from the sides you can see the epoxy and it looks like crap. I'm a bit annoyed that Ducati puts out a product that costs that much and only works with the ONE GPS they want you to buy from them. Stinks to spend 20 grand + on a bike and then have something crappy looking on it affixed with epoxy. if you have any links you can send me maybe i'll buy another one and do it properly. thanks for the reply.

14. I'll PM you.....

15. Any links BabyD please.

16. Does anyone know if the Garmin 660 (or BMW Nav IV, V etc) are compaticle with this unit?

17. Yes.....it does sit high, the higher the mount the more bounce you will get. I cut my ducati mount down level with the lowest little square hole on the side & i still get a little bounce/vibration, so i put some foam pads between the mount & the clocks as a custion

18. Perfect. The higher the better. You don,t have to take your eyes far off the road to read it. Not sure if every sat nav will pair with bike. Bought a cheap Chinese one & had no luck so bought one that the handbook says will pair. Got the Zumo 395. Works great.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information