1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

98 916 Sps Refresh

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Messer, Sep 4, 2018.

1. It’s an honest bike, just minor refresh but everything is there. Mileage is low and genuine too, I can tell from the clutch too it’s very good condition no notches in the basket or anything like that

• Like Like x 2
  2. Wasn't that bike on eBay?? A member on here who was having troubles selling it??

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Correct.

4. Yes that’s the one! I was in touch with him originally when it was up for sale but we couldn’t agree a deal. I got back in touch after I had done my homework on the bike and we made a deal

• Like Like x 2
  5. Cool nice one mate :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nothing huge to report back, new rose joint on the gear rod, fitted up replated rebuilt side stand and started putting pipes back on!

30EC925A-E6CB-40F3-84EA-9263027E1F56.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hole in carbon airbox repaired will finish with 2k clearcoat and job jobbed. Better than the hole don’t you think! :)

5E59B400-79DE-4D20-B360-8C5BE53206E5.jpeg

1B7B0E81-A33D-4CDB-9EE6-BB5D4FD52074.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  8. Brilliant job on the carbon repair! Loving the progress on this :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thanks, Im not going the whole hog just for now just a light refresh whilst trying to retain as many of the original parts as possible. Certainly not an RG500 style restoration!

10. Liking the look of that Lancia :)

11. What is 2k clearcoat?

I have some tired looking carbon, and was wondering if I could bring the shine back to it...

12. What is 2k clearcoat?

I have some tired looking carbon, and was wondering if I could bring the shine back to it...

13. Just 2 pack lacquer. Sand back the carbon, and re lacquer it.

14. @Messer who did your repairs mate? My sps air box got a crack in it.

15. Target composites in antrobus but I warn you it’s not cheap. Sometimes it’s cheaper just to buy a new one, but this being the original one when the bike was new I was keen to retain rather than replace

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. thanks mate

• Like Like x 1
  17. I think he was the guy getting dogs of abuse off eBay nobbers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. May I suggest a 1098 kick stand, I know it's not original but it does help stop them falling over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Yes that’s the one, the guy had endless amounts of time wasters - the bike had none original paint, and wrong wheels for starters and the missing LE plaque off the yoke. This to the endless amount of chancers out there was like red rag to a bull and they all came in with daft offers, barrages of questions and in some cases abuse to the poor chap. I saw through all of that, to what will make a nice bike with a bit of a refresh, nothing major as the core is is there. Just needed putting back to how it should be. I’ll work out what to do with the plate either source another or have one made as at the factory they were never matched a plaque to the frame number so it actually doesn’t matter.. the frame numbers and engine numbers are specific to an SPS but not to an LE plaque..

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Yeh, wouldnt mind a 1098 stand on this one and also my R... I have panic attacks when I prop them up on these stands! Just finding one! (or 2)

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information