1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Bip Advice.

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by NoGutsNoGlory, Feb 9, 2020.

1. I've been offered a 2000 996 Biposto with 12500 miles on the clock. It has service history from 2010 with the present owner but the history before that is patchy.

It has been stood for a couple of years so will need battery, belts, fluids and possibly tyres.

It looks in good condition from the photos I've seen and having just spoken to the owner he has a figure of 5k in his head.

I said I would do some research and come back to him with an offer.

I would appreciate some advice on whether this is a collectable bike or not (long term) and an idea of a reasonable price if I take it as it is. I have 4k in my head but could be miles out as I'm guessing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I think inbetween £4/5k is a fair price to pay,considering it needs service money spent on it.But also don't be frightened by part service records as mine are like this,make no mistake this is not a problem where they've been parked up over the years.Longterm obviously the SP/SPS/R/FE are the daddies for investment purposes.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. The listings on eBay seem to be mostly £6500+ with MOTs, though maybe needing service too. £4K for an ornament, to meddle with, ride once once in a while and sell -probably- for more than you have in it, doesn't seem too bad a proposition. Better than a £6500 ornament!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. I've got a 999 going cheap

• Like Like x 1
  5. Send me the details please Mike but it will have to be ornament cheap. :D I do like the 999 though!

6. 04 bip haga rep, 15k new mot mine from new, the one in the picture

7. Pm me a price please Mike.

8. No idea, I've seen them go for silly money, somewhere north of 5k

9. 1200 miles is when the valve service is due and these bikes often have flakey rockers.

• Useful Useful x 2
  10. Price doesn’t seem that far out.. if it has recent history, ask or check if the rockers have been inspected and/or replaced. They’re the only real sting in the tail when buying one of these.

11. Rockers can be replated by Newman cams for about £40 each.

If it's just going to be an ornament, does it matter if you service it?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks Neil I was going to pop in and see you tomorrow but you've answered my questions. It would be you recommissioning it anyway. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. I was being flippant and have no intention of using it much but I think I would like it right and have the option available.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. It has been signed by Haga if that's worth anything, only doing a thousand miles a year, I use the multistrada all the time.

15. As @nelly has said, see if there are any records for rockers, I have a 996 bip with 50k miles on it and its had more rockers than mods ..... boooom ... tish .... regards a recommission, @nelly is indeed your man, he spannered my triggers broom extensively ....

If you can get that at 4.5k plus c 1.5k to Nelly to make it right / nice, then its a good useable buy.

@nelly never got my backside in gear regards the 996 refresh but I will ... and it will go to you :) x

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. I would say at that mileage its a bargin at 5k. Asking more on ebay for higher mileage ones.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I have a 748 bip for sub 4k , if its a pretty ornament you are looking for.
    Cheers puddy :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information