1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 For £5k Challenge

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by West Cork Paul, Jan 11, 2020.

1. It's nice to get one over a lawyer.;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. I have need of advice, so I'm throwing this in there on the back of that thread.
    I have a 999 bip Haga rep, signed by Haga, had it from new, 04, under 12k miles. The one in my picture.
    The multistrada is now the preferred bike, so, do I sell the 999, or hang onto it, store it, use it now and then?
    I have no idea of value, any ideas as to direction would be appreciated.

3. Keep it :bucktooth:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Thanks, sound advice, it would break my heart to sell it so a bit of me says hang onto it.

5. If you don’t need the money and still like it, why sell??

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. So true, I just thought it would make sense as it's getting such little use.

7. Two very different bikes there so real no brainier. You will find time for both no worries :upyeah:

8. Keep it if any or all of the following are true :
    If its going up in value currently
    You are really sure you will be keeping it very longterm when it should be increasing in value
    You still ride it often enough to be worthwhile the space and maintenance
    You have a place in your lounge to display it
    You can't think of anything you would like to buy with the cash

Sell it if you really don't use it, its going down in value, its in the way in your garage, the maintenance is a nuisance and you have a bunch of things that you could spend the money on!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. It looks like a keeper, thanks for the wise words.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information