1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996. From Ratty And Tatty To Pretty Natty

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Expat Jack, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Yes. It’s good stuff. Stops me forgetting which critical bolts I have already torqued.
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. Good job,lovely bike.Nice one.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Looks to good to track now, those red fairings do seem to polish up well,i was pleasantly surprised when i did mine,
    was the zinc plating expensive, its on my list for my 748.

Whats the plan now is there room in the garage for another bike?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Just shows you there's not much difference between a chef & mechanic these days;),lovely makeover.:upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. :thinkingface:???
    No comprende

6. That bike looks brilliant now Richard, well done and credit to you:upyeah:
    :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Same ingredients but different recipes......i.e working with the hands on any format.:upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. I got a load plated (about 3 times more than I used) as I had a tub of old Duke fittings. So now nicely stocked. The cost was £60.
    It’s a user. That’s why I’m keeping it. Compared to my other Dukes I would be super comfy tracking this.
    Always room for another but the bike and price has to be right. This bike was a bit of a gamble but I bought it well so had an exit if it was a pile of rubbish.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Expat Jack - I've loved this thread - I wonder if you want to delete the 2nd pic in that run of pics in #111, since it may provide a pointer to where you live.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Hi,
    Thank you on both counts.
    I had cropped a side shot to remove the offending sign, but missed that one.
    Very good of you.

• Like Like x 1
  11. What a top transformation there! Lightening speed too!

12. Thanks you sir. Not as smart as your one but I kinda like the fact that its not sooooo nice I will be afraid to use it, but still nice enough that I will look back over my shoulder as I walk away from it if you get me!

EDIT PS - They are your axle clamps bolts up front!

• Like Like x 1
  13. I tell you, you're lucky I didn't see your street sign & that there's a lockdown, otherwise I'd be banging on your door with a few bits of CF that need doing... Bike looks great!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Oh nice one

Ive a stack of new oem bolts if you need any

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Dont need any for now but thanks very much. I know where to come next project. For now, I'm going for lie down in a dark room (the garage).

16. Well done Expat, I’ve so enjoyed this thread of yours, so Muchly so that I’m going to read it all again from OP to the Happy ever after page..
    once again luvly seeing another beauty getting back on the road..

The only improvement for me would be, other than Kylie sat neatly on it of course, would be a mono seat unit..

Be proud and enjoy mte X

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. the mono seat does look better but to do that properly with the right subframe isnt cheap at all. i was gunna do that with my 748 but in the end i thought the bike is far from ugly without it so didnt bother... wasted money everwhere else though!!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Great thread, well done, nice job.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. looks lovely! where did you get the hugger from? i ordered one of eBother but it didnt fit (sorry if you've already mentioned it in another response somewhere)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Thank you.
    The hugger is an MS Production one and came with the bike.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information