1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996. From Ratty And Tatty To Pretty Natty

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Expat Jack, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Great result, looks the muts nuts. Such a great feeling when you can finally stand back and look at it finished and gleaming like that. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Cheers Hugh. It’s very satisfying indeed. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pics of your 748 please? :D

4. I will try and do a shot of them together when I get the chance, (just like @cookster :D)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Great story, and a great result after a lot of hard work . Well done, my friend, and thanks for documenting it for the rest of us to enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hi Sean. Thank you.
    Nice stablemate for your old bike. She’s still going strong BTW.
    Hope you and family are all well.
    Cheers. Richard

7. All well, thanks . Looking forward to seeing the pics you promised(?) noobie.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Great transformation Richard:upyeah: I like the direction being a sympathetic restoration. Are you adding anymore performance upgrades? Or sticking with the same spec components :bucktooth:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Cheers Dave.
    Funny you should ask as I have only this morning spoken to Nitron and ordered an R3 shock. All being well, should be with me in 3 - 4 weeks. Pics when fitted.

Then it’s just new tyres as the ones on it although new are not the best.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Maxton and Nitron and a few others are often overlooked for more mainstream branded kit! I’ve had a little experience with both and can say I was impressed with the quality and internal components used. Should make a big difference for you:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Very true. My Ohlins dealer is also a Nitron and KTech supplier. He reckons Nitorn are right up there for quality and, british too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. #152 Expat Jack, Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 12
    • Love You Love You x 2
  13. WOW!!! :heart_eyes:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lovely.
    Did you catch that dodgy bloke trying to nick your mirror off the 748?:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. @Expat Jack
    Feck me,it's like being on the beach with all those pebbles & burnt bodies.:p

16. I sent him packing. Waster!!

17. That’s my kinda beach mate. Beats Brighton for pebbles.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Last chance to change your mind sir.:yum
    index.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Think he should tune the motor , magnesium or carbon wheels for starters :D:D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information