1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 996 Sps Fr2 Project For Sale

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Carrott, Mar 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There is a world of difference between an SPS and an SPS FR2. Here's one that sold a few years ago with zero miles/KMs so draw your own conclusions.

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/23955/lot/248/

2. same as mine :upyeah:
    IMG-20210314-WA0015.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  3. What’s an FR2 then? How does it differ? Foggy rep 2?? Factory race 2?? Never heard of it before.

4. And you spent another 5k and it’s now worth 13k ish and in immaculate condition but all on refurb not buying major components

• Like Like x 1
  5. Just a Mark 2 SPS. yes special, Öhlins, engine, like a 998 vs 998s except the Öhlins forks. But it’s not rare and no R. Too pricey for me, for what you got.

6. So 996 SPS instead of 916 SPS model name. Regular sps then. Thx

#28 bradders, Mar 19, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  7. Just get yourself an 998r or 996r and you won't be disappointed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I have 2000 sps # 1039 with ohlins and gold forged wheels

• Like Like x 1
  9. Do you have ways of proving the mileage? Registering in the UK would be a challenge without the German papers and if you cannot confirm the mileage over 6,000km, you may be exposed paying the VAT on it which would add quite a bit.
    I could be interested, though not at 10k

10. Subject to inspection next week and a bit of due diligence this will be on its way to my barn of delights where it will be rebuilt and recommissioned.

#32 JoeC, Mar 27, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  11. @Carrott let me know when it’s done and I’ll close the thread :)

12. Hi Mark, I have sent you a pm re. your phone number. Could you confirm it please?

13. Thanks for the interest but I have decided not to sell at this point in time.

@El Toro Please mark this thread closed.

14. Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information