1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 996 Sps Rebuild

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by cookster, Oct 21, 2017.

1. @Ash34 you got another pm mate. :upyeah:

2. loving the paint... is there a chance that if i get the fairings done that the tail and tank will look off?

3. not if you get them all done together, if you dont, your spayer should be able to colour match what you have.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Looking very nice so far. Put adjustable cam pulleys on it and get the cam timing sorted. Did it to mine and it made a nice difference.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Some shiny parts for the sps thanks to @baylissboy :upyeah:
    20180102_143047.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Love You Love You x 1
  6. Magnesium clutch housing?

Henk!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. @henk Yes mate very swish :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Right then I picked the engine up Saturday all built up and ready to put back in.....
    20180108_182746.jpg 20180108_182733.jpg 20180108_182717.jpg 20180108_182656.jpg

• Like Like x 24
  9. Nice magnesium cover - looks just right with the redone crankcases. Very nice.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. @RickyX Yeah just a bit of bling.:D

11. Looks tip-top.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Going to be mint when it goes back together.

13. It certainly is mate, but me being me it will probably be for sale next year!! :blush:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Defo won’t be able to afford it now!! Lol

15. Or I might turn it into a track bike. :thinkingface:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  16. Now that is a quick way to financial ruin

17. Make a cracking track bike I reckon. Il get it finished first then decide. Should have my old dymag wheels arriving end of the month . Il post pic when they arrive.

• Like Like x 1
  18. They do, mine is quite capable of running in the fast group. Pity I'm not. And I think that I have reached the tipping point of money vs power.

19. I'm definitely taking it on one if not both Ducati days this year to give it a proper run out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. You can't. It should be ridden gently on warm days and polished religiously. Don't you know how rare they are, it's an investment.....

Only kidding, ride it like you stole it. Mines been crashed and blown up more times than I care to remember, go for it

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information