1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 996 Sps Rebuild

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by cookster, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Nice work mate! ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Now, I like to put modded parts on my bikes. However, I think you should leave the 5-spokes on.

• Like Like x 1
  3. @final_edition I must admit I do like the standard look too. Think il put the carbon wheels on , take some pics and see what the consensus is .

@Cream_Revenge let me put my carbon wheels on first mate, make it more expensive to take on the track.:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Small teething problem I have is the fan is not kicking in and it's getting hot.:thinkingface:

5. Bike looks fantastic, and it's great to see some insight shots like this.
    Can't wait to see the video of the initial start-up and hear it come alive :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. F*cked sensor? Easy to bypass and test the fan.

7. @Nelson yeah mate going to have a look tonight, i should have checked it before i put all the fairings on but never mind.

8. Jammed fan blade blown the fuse?
    Relay U/S?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Fan fixed , after shorting fan switch no work, put fan across 12v battery that was ok. So check fuses.... Fan fuse missing!! Fuse in , run up to temp fan work!! Happy bunny. :D

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Proper impressed mate!! Looks beautiful.. would love to do the same apart from the fact an oil change and brake refresh is the height of my mechanical knowledge... and I don't have any dosh ...

Get a video up of it running dude!! Very jealous... gotta be a keeper with all the time and money you've poured into it, congrats

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Hey @frazzle good to hear from you mate, and thanks yeah I'm very pleased with it , I'm even thinking about leaving the standard wheels on it they look that good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yeah I'm with the standard wheels brigade too.. Proper sexy bikes... I got into bikes in the 999 era and that was my pinup bike so to speak... but I'm really liking the look of the 916 series the more I see of them..

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. il post some pics with the carbon/mags on if i dont like um il sell um, but there very nice wheels, think they were proper DP wheels in the day.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hi chaps half way to putting the dymags on think they could be staying on ,heres the back il post some more pics when the fronts in.....
    IMG_7723.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  15. Wheels look great and always like a DUC plate for just finishing the job off:upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. I was lucky with the plate mate, it came with the bike.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  17. The wheels look different and nice at the same time to me, still "in the original spirit" enough not to look out of place :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Excellent work. Looks stunning.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information