1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 996 Sps Rebuild

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by cookster, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Have you had it out on a run yet? Looking good!

2. You should be very proud of that. Cracking bike that looks stunning...…………………….all it needs now is a good wash and polish.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. @bettes Yes mate rode it last night, not very far only about 5 miles, slipper clutch is bloody awful on the road so might sell it and put the original back in. It's so smooth once up and going and picks up really well. I forgot how stiff the ohlins are on these bikes as well but it's sounds epic.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Slipper is fine on my 996 and 999. I'd image it should be on you SPS too.

5. @cookster , what’s up with the slipper? When Clive fitted it to mine, I found it miles better for everything including finding neutral. Gear changes were / are silky too.

6. It's so grabby especially the last couple of mm not smooth at all!!

• Crap Crap x 1
  7. All finished now chaps with new wheels in, had to remove the rear hugger as it rubbed the wheel but think it looks better now any way
    20181025_172428.jpg 20181025_172344.jpg 20181025_172334.jpg 20181025_172309.jpg 20181025_172252.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  8. At least treat the old girl to some carbon airtubes :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. @ducati dad I did think about carbon airtubes but then got to faff with getting air filters in the air box ect ect, going to keep um standard.

10. That looks neat cookster!
    How is the ride feel? Must be great to be able to ride it again after all this work :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Is that a 190/55 rear, it looks huge, and out of interest I notice you've gone for Dymags as opposed to BST, any reason?

#151 RCGBOB44, Oct 25, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  12. Looks mint mate! Think the CF air tubes would look well as mentioned above. Try to find a pair or DP ones so you don’t have to dick about with aftermarket air filters. Mirrors would look better painted red IMO. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. He already had them kicking about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. That's a good enough reason then.

• Like Like x 1
  15. @Anje it's a bit of a pig to ride tbh because of the clutch need to get it sorted. Once up and running it goes like stink and handles great.
    @RCGBOB44 Yeah had these wheels for ages briefly sold um to @Ash34 but got um back , they were on my 748r then my 748 track bike now on this.
    @bettes where can I get dp airtubes from now??

16. I run DP C/F air tubes on my 998 with the filter runners removed as I run JHP undertank filter and the quality of the DP stuff is crap, hold on its not quite as good as crap so my advice would be to go for decent aftermarket items.

17. Cheers mate, I'm not keen on those jhp foam filters, I've seen a few sucked into the throttle bodies.

18. There are other makes of carbon air tubes that take the standard filters , I have a pair on my bike, the annoying thing is I can't identify the make.
    Steve

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Don’t come up for sale often but i’ll keep a lookout for you.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. @Cream_Revenge who fitted your slipper clutch mate?? mine really is horrid. :mad:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information