1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 996 Sps Rebuild

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by cookster, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Beautiful job :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. I run these but I'm not sure if they would fit in your airbox. Filter 6.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ah yeah there different to what I was thinking of.

4. Lovely but don’t think the wheels look “in keeping”, especially as they are silver centres. In my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Were you thinking of these? Filter 2.JPG

6. @RickyX they look better in the flesh mate,the centres used to be gold but it looked to blingy, the silver now matches the sub frame. I believe they were in the dp catalogue back in the day.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. @RCGBOB44 I've not seen that one mate , I was thinking of the the big square foam one that fitted over the bell mouths .

8. Cranker just added mesh iirc on the air box entry for big debris as those in-airtubes filters for the same reason.

But he has blown a few motors in his time...I’d be having the pod filter inside like Bobs

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I did. I'm very mechanically minded these days:upyeah:.

• Like Like x 2
  10. What slave you using?
    Was it a 2nd hand slipper?
    IIRC you need a drive plate in 1st for slippers, is that how you have it?
    Old friction plates or new?
    What is actually horrid about it?

11. Yeah was 2nd hand
    Using the standard slave cylinder
    It feels very snatchy and the last couple of mm it either on or off not smooth at all.
    Louigi moto put it in mate.

12. I have the BMC filters on mine

13. If you want to stop crap getting into your engine then the 'over bellmouth' filters are best, but you will lose a noticeable amount of power.
    The BMC ones mentioned earlier are a good compromise without losing airbox volume, just make sure the seal to the tank base is in good condition.

14. I'd give him a call. If it's 2nd hand maybe someone has played with the springs or caps. I think I'd have a play about. The slipper part shouldn't have anything to do with starting off, the slipper should only kick in on hard down shifts. It's a ball and ramp I assume?

15. Bikes fab!
    Bloody good job!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Well it passed it's mot today chaps. :D

• Like Like x 3
  17. An MOT station open after midnight. I smell a rat. :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Looks luvly mte well done x

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. don't they all .............. :eyes:

20. Don't be obtuse. :eyes: