1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 996 Talk To Me

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by simmytt, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Brilliant. No brainier really. Enjoy.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Just been up to pay for the bike, must say very happy with the purchase, had a look through the paperwork and all good, original bill of sale for £11500, also termis fitted from new and mono seat all on the invoice, strange that he put a new set of termis on in 2019, one downside is it had a alarm fitted at pdi, guess they all had them fitted years ago but he had a new one fitted in 2020 :sob:, carbon hugger and tank pad fitted at pdi, other than that all looks original. A 2000 year range sales booklet and super bike specific book, nice things to have.It’s my birthday on Friday so a present to myself, away for a long weekend so will collect on Tuesday.

• Like Like x 11
  3. Congratulations ! Thanks for saving me from buying it, it was one I had seriously being considering but didn’t really want a yellow one personally.
    Looks a cracking example and I’m sure you will enjoy it.

:)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Get a 1098 side stand and enjoy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. If you don't ask in life you don't get nowt in this world, well done .:motorcycleduc::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Congrats on the bike mate, I’m sure you’ll love it! :cool:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Oh and yellow is the IN colour! :p

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. "...now I have never been a big fan of the 916 style bikes..."

Hopefully, you've now finished washing your mouth out with soap and have asked forgiveness from your higher power :joy:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. nice one si, let me know when you get it were meet up for a blast :upyeah:

10. So now that you own this stunning bike (congrats btw) are you really not going to bother riding it for a year?

• Like Like x 1
  11. well done and that dealer left cash on the table but good to see some are keen to move stuff on with realistic prices

• Like Like x 1
  12. Will do mate, comes with 12 months mot and will add to my multi bike policy and take it out for a bimble.

Yea that was a few hours ago, now i have brought it i cannot resist :joy::joy::joy:

Really good old school indi, have known the owners since school days, did not take the piss with my offer but saved a few hundred so all happy.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Forgot that one, lucky it has been done :upyeah:

• Like Like x 3
  14. @simmytt , just saw that thread - so, how are you getting on with the 996? Did you get to ride it much, any bits of work you had to do to it?

15. It's at this point in the proceedings I have to work out how to get her home, without the Ministry of Finance noticing there is ANOTHER one in the garage.

Last time, I chose a quiet public car park for the "handover". All going well until a loud female voice said, "Paul, nice to see you, I am seeing your wife next week for coffee"!!!!!!!

Good luck, I am sure yellow will blend in well :innocent:

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Promised my wife a new kitchen before I would replace my 999r with a Panigale....
    tipped up with a 1299s with a sticker over the Panigale on the side panel..
    she didn't catch on until I bought my 1199 project bike home and it had Panigale on the side... that cost me a few pairs of shoes that weekend...

OP.. like the original Single seat, I bought a 2000 996 Bp in red new and it also came with a monoposto seat fitted, bike looks great :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information