1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 tank range

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by kev cornwall, Apr 19, 2013.

1. im getting 70 miles on a full tank before the fuel light comes ( all standard apart from termis and matching ECU ),i have tried to goggle this to get a bit more info on full range of petrol tank ,but not finding any info, any ideas what the range is after fuel light comes on, have only been brave enough to do 20 more, ta kev

2. Seems a bit low tbh. I'd expect around the 100 mark before the light

3. 120 till the light-916sps-1998.

brian.

4. I get 69 :wink:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Bit low that unless you're flat out on track, in which case it's be pretty good. I had an ecu fault few years back which kept number 3 injector on. Easy to check, just lift the tank (still connected), open the throttle full, look down bell mouths and turn ignition on, no need to start. If its a similar fault you'll see an injector spraying. If that's ok, pull the plugs out and check the colour of them in case it's been set up a bit rich. Can also check under the bike after filling the tank, in case the breather is cracked and the fuels just escaping. Gearing too can make a difference. Dopping one tooth on the front sprocket which is a common mod increases fuel consumption for the same road speed too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. thanks for advice and answers, will check 1037sps , s advice, ta kev

7. you up for breakfast at jaspers tomm morning steve 10.30 -11am

8. My 996 has the fuel light on all the time so I fill her up and when the clock hits 100 I fill her up

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. My 996 fuel light has started “sticking” on too! I’m looking for gas stations at 160klm intervals. It’s intermittent, going out occasionally. I’d started running some injector cleaner in it when the issue appeared, I’m hoping the gremlin will go away after I run a tank of straight pump gas through it. Doesn’t seem to slow it down

• Like Like x 1
  10. My best mate and touring buddy has a 996 with Termis, used to get 90 odd miles to the warning light. Following him you could smell unburnt fuel. He fitted a power commander and had it properly set up and now gets around 120 miles to the light and has pushed it close to 150 before filling up.

He doesn't hang around, ex classic Manx racer.

• Like Like x 3
  11. I'm surprised he finds the tank comfortable when he has a pair of brass balls hitting it...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I used to get about 100 miles normal riding. 160 was the most as I had to get home with no wallet so very frugal riding. On my local race track (Nurburgring) about 60 at a push.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information