1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 996bp Seat Cowl

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Ian Tiltman, Apr 13, 2020.

1. morning all, hope you're all keeping safe and trying to enjoy the easter break
    i've been looking into getting a mono seat unit but seem to be silly money, does anyone know of a rear seat cover/cowl, i've looked and can't find one anywhere, they seem to be made for the newer models but not mine, any help/advice greatly appreciated cheers...ian...

2. Thread moved

3. 60945F98-4D34-4CDA-80BD-3EC5EA268640.jpeg 64E8A145-528D-46AC-B2CF-96BD7D58EA4F.png
    Hiya, I have a mono seat unit available, new. They are silly money but I will happily take a good offer. Ducati don’t make a cover for the rear seat unit.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. that looks the nuts but it's going to be way out of my price range, thanks though

5. I have one on my BIP - that's why I knew o_O

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bip?
    Thought you were an R man..

7. First Ducati I bought was a blingged up from new 998 BIP.

8. Soon to be mine for a pittance. :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. You best be quick, they are still going up :yum

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. There's some cracking bike lifts about nowadays.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Would you have a photo.

12. He doesn't do photos of his bikes..

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. No, I'm not @Robarano you know o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. You're very very lucky, I found one! :eek:

IMG_0654.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. I bought the hardware so that I can swap seats in a few minutes, including new light s and seat. You don't need to. You can swap over most of the hardware and the tail lights without too much problem. Buy yourself a proper monoposto seat as the Bip seat will look a bit off.
    I can't remember properly but you will need a new aluminium bracket thing and spacers to mak the seat/latch fit to the biposto subframe. There are tutorials around for this. Don't forget to remove the passenger foot rests to complete the look.

16. If i remember correctly you only need to put spacers under the latch part because these two bolt holes are closer to the top as there is no seat pad bracket 1.JPG

Do Not Sell My Personal Information