1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 996r 2002 Neil Hodgson Win Edition - Fila Replica

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Slinky8, Oct 3, 2017.

1. yes, i mean my brain was not working properly on this clearly. he asked me about it, i came sraight on here to figure things out and the more i look into it the worse it looks. personally i wouldnt look at a sub frame and know whats different without being told about it. hence why im here,

ill see if i can find out what he paid!!!

i also did some google searching, fila didnt even sponsor ducati in 2002 from what i can find it was xerox....and neil didnt win until 2003....why make a bike as special as this guy thinks it is with a 2002 plate, and out of year sponsors on it. along with being a base model not R or S..... correct im steering clear from it all.

2. i promise its not, it was an less than half thought about rushed post, without just looking into it myself before making myself and this guy look stupid. but hey, not like its on the internet forever or anything :D

3. I'd like to re-iterate for creamies sake that it isnt an R. Just in case.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. The Fila 999R's were manufactured to celebrate the 200th World Superbike Win by Ducati. They were all 999R's and 200 were made - with commemorative plaques (some sources say 201 were actually made) like the race bike they had red frames and were actually all 999R's
    There was a factory sticker kit available at the time which people bought to copy the 999R bikes. this is why his is a base model with a silver frame and bi posta sub frame. It is a £200 sticker kit.
    He has either been suckered, or is a cvnt trying to do so to you. Is he a mate?

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  5. If it’s the latter he’s not anymore

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Colin Edwards won WSBk in 2002 on a Honda. Ducati did win manufacturers c’ship.
    Neil Hodgson won BSB on orange gse 996R that year I think.
    The Fila livery didn’t get used until 2003 season (febuary).

7. it is a friend of a friend. no real direct connection. but i guess i know what to expect from him when he says things in the future.

thanks for all your help guys you have all saved one un-experienced(idiot) duc lover from wasted monies :)

#30 Slinky8, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ducati did win the manufacturers in 2002..... but meh,,,not sure thats a factor here

9. ducati did win the manufacturers in 2002..... but meh,,,not sure thats a factor here

10. not sure how to correct the prefix to 999 and subject field to 999 - even though its wrong, be nice if were less wrong xD

11. On a Honda SP2 :)

Actually every time Honda won the riders title, it seems Ducati piped them the the Manufacturers Title - 4 times in that era!

#34 Exige, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2017
  12. Don't worry, it couldn't be more wrong anyhoo o_O

13. Easy to clear this one up. Ask him for the VIN number and call the factory direct. If he won't give it to you, then it's an instant red flag for me. They will very quickly confirm what it is/was when it left the production floor. As has been said, looks to be nothing more than a bog standard 999 biposto with a paint job. Seller sounds deluded if he is asking £15,000. I'd walk away on the strength of that alone. He's clearly relying on a buyer with no savvy to fall for his ruse. Always best to ask on here first, as there are a wealth of people here, who know this model inside out. I used to own two 999S and this is an earlier version of a base model hence the thinner swingarm, grey frame et al. As has been said, plenty of genuine bikes out there at real world prices for you to choose from. If your budget was to stretch to it, a far better investment would be a solid 999R or a 749R, that's been unmolested.

14. EVen I know that's a 999. According to bike magazine this month a good low mileage 999s is £3500 but I can't find such a thing anywhere. More like £4500z

15. Maybe he added a zero by mistake? ;)

16. Sometimes it is necessary to contact the factory, in this case you would be wasting your time and there's :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Maybe they can tell us where???

Do Not Sell My Personal Information