1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 996r Accident Damaged.

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by JoeC, Sep 1, 2017.

1. I haven't heard back from the seller yet and if I don't sharpish, that'll be my mind made up. These things in my experience are a bit like women; there's plenty more (499 in this case) out there and I've had more than my fair share already!
    I'll post the contact details on here mid-week if I've had no response so whowever wishes can follow it up. You'll need to speak good French.

2. You are missing the main criteria of this day and age: racing heritage. These will be one of the most valuable bikes of the future and could soon surpass the Honda RC30's prices :)
    To say they will never be valued as a collectable motorcycle is quite astonishing :eek:

3. Im lost, now? what racing heritage applies ? I will shut on this, and be happy to get enlightened

4. Homologation models??? All very much collectable. This is why an RC30 could be had for £5k and now they are £30K +
    But you know this already of course :)
    (I used more question marks than you for the first time ever o_O)

5. What people seem to forget with these, is that they are a derivative of the 748 / 916 / 996 / 998 series of bikes and there are thousands of them. The 'R' is simply a limited edition of a quite common motorcycle, like a SP. SPS, Foggy, Bayliss etc.

Yes, it'll be collectable & valuable in the future, it's collectable & valuable now, however an RC30 is an RC30 and not dirived from anything else. It's not a "Fireblade RC30". The true collectable stuff for me would be RC30, RC45, NR750, Desmosedici, R7, RCV213V-S. Some of the prices I see some Ducatis advertised for these days, I'd be amazed if they are achieving.

Rarity or original price isn't an indicator of future value either. Anybody want an FS1-E or RD35LC these days? :eek:

#45 Robarano, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. keep calm? keep calm, ommmm, ommm

7. IMG_0113.JPG
    Anyway, you guys can debate that as long as you like, the sun's out, the race kit's on and I'm off to give it a whirl!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I said a bike with the most of those qualities will win out and Fizzy doesnt have that desirability as you point out, but intrinsic value is subjective emotional thing that Ducatis have in spades

9. Be safe, concentrate

10. An FS1-E is a very desireable bike these days, for very different reasons than some other bikes. If you don't think it is, take a peek at the prices of some for sale.

#50 Robarano, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2017
  11. More of my life is in Ducatis but you probably are more balanced, I was lucky I brought my bikes when other wanted to sell them?

12. yes but I dont care, wouldnt give you $50 for one?
    (will have a look) got me interested to know, seriously? had one when 18 then big step up to a jawa 90 disc valve

13. So we all finally agree, cool

14. We always agree. :) or is it argue? :confused: I can't remember. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. WTF up to 5,000 pound and more?
    for a Fizzy i seen with my eyes?
    two of those for a 900ss?

16. we buy em, job em up, sell em, and buy ducatis?
    you know where any are?
    seems like a lot for sale currently? maybe every bodies gunna by ducatis

17. relative what do you think a 2002 monster mob bike is worth now?

18. Need more details, you could just give it to me :upyeah:

19. Hizzys 2002 BSB bike, #1 bike? championship winner from Monster Mob the other bike was swapped to Paul Bird for 2X Monstermob F02s (Shakeys)

20. look at my photo album?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information