1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 996r & Bins...

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Exige, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Nice one mate. Bout time you got a decent red one! :)

I’ve got a few stand bits you can have...
    Rearsets, heatshield...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. HAVE..... he's loaded.... sell them to him!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. @Exige You got to much money!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. @chizel are you using Cookster's log in?
    To be fair he's down in the Moolar department at the moment.
    ... his lamp bulb burnt belly button will be able to heal.

5. Too many bikes :)

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. But fewer petrol tanks for some reason :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Trick of the light - not there in real life :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Oh, the Engine number is 000155 which is a nice touch - Chassis numbers were 6 digit and not low numbers on these :)

9. what number is this bike?

10. Cut and paste from another thread explains all Yev...

On the face of it there were 3 main dodgy things - Plaque, Sticker Kit and KPH Clocks. The owner previous to the seller (2004 - 2015) was a bit strange and wanted to change the plaque to 007 P.F. Chilli's number as the sticker kit :rolleyes: he starter altering the number then realised he couldn't so had a crappy trophy shop plaque made. The seller is sending the original from Amsterdam as it was packed for his move and I will see if I can have it welded and reconstructed at work.
    The decals, lacquered in but I have a mate who does a lot of Historic GP Bikes and he can remove without damage to the paint and re lacquer.
    The biggy for me was the KPH clocks that didn't stack up as the bike was verified by Nelly as an official UK bike. Unbelievably the bike has had it's original clocks on with awful red dial conversion (previous owner again) and they were only removed after the last MOT at the end of last year as the current owner hated tham - so zero miles ago! and replaced with the KPH clocks, which only sat on the bike in his living room on display. So the mileage can be corrected to genuine with an MPH speedo.

The plus point once all the work is done - probably the best history for a low mile 996R anywhere. Service book shows 7 Main Dealer entries pre 2008. MOT's show mileage is correct and it has been MOT'd every year but 1 in it's life! Bike had done 6550 by 2007 and has done about 1300 since - yet still had 4 services and MOT's every year to verify mileage

I contacted the Main Dealer who the current owner purchased it off and he has 4 further service records which bring it right up to date with a full Main Dealer Service History service history. He will happily stamp the book up to date for me if I send it Recorded Delivery too :)

Brand new Battery, Clutch and New Tyres too.

Looking at the bike today with AC we both thought what a genuine bike it was - take away the superficial changes and it will be a corker in both history and appearance. Yes it need a clean but more than happy, didn't think I would get such a good example for that money tbf and wouldn't have paid the current 'going rate' for one!

Nelly pointed out the pipes with E3 stamped on them which are not period, obviously the foot-pegs but no big deal.

Wheels I'm unsure if they are Forged Alloy or MAG??? but standard wheels will be easy to get. I have a set of new ones belonging to my 998 if needed as they were the same but will try and source another set and sell these.

With one offer and circa 50 watchers after a couple of hours or so on Ebay I thought feck it - 'Hit Buy it Now' and ask questions later :blush: it took me 30 mins to decide then I remembered it's my Birthday near the end of this month :innocent:

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Those wheels are race only mags Exxy. Same as mine. You can tell race only versions as they dont have webbing inside spokes. Apprently.

Nice bike the 996R, imo the best one. Sweet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Cool, they will be worth thousands then :thinkingface:
    Thanks for the info :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. :(:(:(

14. £200 for the pair? Mates rates?

15. He's a Yorkshireman it's not going to happen;)

#35 XH558, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. I think I would look good riding this one hexy save you polishing it in your bike room :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Personally, I'd keep em and keep em on. But Im not an OEM only nerd.

(I paid £500 for mine)

• Like Like x 1
  18. He's my mate :yum and I think he might owe me a cig or two anyhoo o_O

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  19. Mmmm, tell him about the 749R tank I just gave you Loz :thinkingface:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information