1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996sps Project So Far

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Messer, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Can you list some suppliers please

2. I get both from eBay

• Like Like x 1
  3. Your a Star mte.. thoroughly enjoying reading the thread and seeing the before and after pictures etc..
    Just the sort of bike I’d luv to find but never hear of them.. Do I presume correctly that you will be taking heads off checking valve clearances and replacing belts etc?
    Anyway, keep up the great work it’s looking so so good X

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hiya mate, it’s booked in with lee at mototechnica for a full desmo service once it’s completed and we are out of lockdown!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Great job, great to see the pics and read about it. Keep it coming, we need this to keep us sane.

I really need some kind of motorcycling fix. Even if it’s injecting Redex straight into the vein.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. great write up and pics

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Coming along nicely:upyeah:,is this one a keeper or just a covid-19 respite:thinkingface:

8. I expect this one to be a keeper, but who knows given how my mind operates.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Can I interest you in Wotsits sir :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. I guess if you have the skill set / workshop tools available on tap & enjoy carry out the restoration works,that's good for the soul and if someone offers you a large payment transfer at the end of that period,then that's fine as well.:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. That's old currency sunshine,bog rolls & hand sanitizer is the way forward.;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Outside of eBay you can buy from " Polished Bliss" or "Opie Oils".

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'll get me coat :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Funny you should mention that, I run a company that designs and implements large scale wireless networks - a customer asked me If I would do a design to fix their warehouse wireless networking issues and wanted to pay me in hand sanitizer and ffp3 masks! Had to laugh, but he was being serious!

I know we want to be clean, but not idea how much he thought his sanitizers were worth!

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. So you prefer Wotsits after all :D

16. I hope you told him to take a running jump into a very deep lake.;)

17. Let’s just say he probably still has wireless problems!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Well done. Tidy job. I hope you enjoy it.

19. Tonight’s job was to fit new mesh to the tail fairing, I went a bit overboard with the foam tape but wanted to ensure they weren’t going anywhere!!

used 3m VHB foam tape 8mm wide.

Then was fit new air filters, reblack the air tubes with solution finish, new air tube screws and fit them back to the bike.

F6C33C81-E84F-4869-A8DB-9E2BC8296D5B.jpeg

E478CD8A-C893-4FB2-961A-0F415DA763A3.jpeg

A589CF75-7529-4E6B-8BBB-7D3921B15318.jpeg

AE38DCD8-F43B-4B9E-AC79-26F1F4E2BF25.jpeg

BBE263EE-D909-43BD-A690-C8A7EF090B1B.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  20. Your forks come though the top yoke quite alot mate that normal??

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information