1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 2002

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Kevin Tallant, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Have found a 2002 998 biposta that's been imported from Germany with around 19k miles on it. It is sporting 998s (deep sump) fairing, but seller is a bit vauge about if its a deep sump engine. No history but belts alledly change 18 months ago in fatherland, but all paperwork lost for bike.
    Looks very clean, nice carbon exhausts but very nervous about lack of history & being import. Other than factoring in £500 ++ for full service, what other things do I really need to checkout on 998 ?
    Price is,reasonable at £6750 ?!
    & it's Yellow !!!

2. Best colour for a 998, you really should look at a bike in the flesh with no history or paper work and you can usually tell if it's genuine, just remember you can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Too much money and hassle............ buy a UK one:upyeah:

4. Last time i polished a Turd it took a long time to pick the bits out:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. There's no issue or hassle with it being 'imported', they all are after all, especially at 16 years old ffs! The lack of history would put me off though, I have bought three bikes from Germany in the last couple of years all at way below what you guys in the UK would pay, including a low mileage, comprehensive historied 998 for under 4500€ (it's not for sale).
    Take a look on mobile.de, choose one that meets your requirements, book a cheap flight and import it yourself.

6. Thanks JoeC I will have a gander, looked in some Japanese sale sites but must seemed expensive before you even thought about import costs.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information