1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 998 Matrix Production Numbers

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Cranker V2, May 19, 2014.

1. No

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I don't think so, I have only ever seen the grey on all the 748 etc range never the gold one but I'm not fully sure.

3. :)
    What are they and what were they fitted to? They look like the wheels fitted to 998R's. I have them on my 998 and received the standard wheels with the bike too.

4. The front of Haynes manual has grey one on 996 & gold on the red 916 don t know which model SPS ? But google 998r and they have grey one ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. No 916 style 5 spoke wheel factory fitted to any model were forged or special, They are just a different design, that's all.

• Like Like x 1
  6. As FE said. Above. 2002-03 bikes had the grey style . later bikes had the gold style wheel.

7. Just checked, the original wheels on my 03 998 are as the Silver ones and the black ones fitted are like the gold ones :)

8. @PVW Did you see my post #89 regarding your Fila 999? :)

9. yes mate sorry no link though ?
    She is 161 see pic, now after many years of ownership SOLD

fila10.JPG

#130 PVW, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  10. 996R wheels, same as 996

DSCF0640.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  11. Im sure the R had the lighter but same style wheels as the std 996 etc

12. No, they are the same.

13. Works for me

14. There are Marchesini mag wheels that can be bought that have the flat face on the spokes, that look like the later wheels. These have zig-zag webs behind the spokes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Do you have a picture :)

16. aaaa1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. When the bike arrived in UK check out how the guy had the numberplate fitted !!

image.jpg

18. just to be contrary, not all the mag wheels had the zig zag reverse spokes but DO have the flats spokes,
    the mag wheels are easily identified from the later alloys though as they have 'webbed' joints where the spokes meet the the hub
    the later flat spoked alloy wheels don't have this webbing

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information