1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 998 Matrix Production Numbers

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Cranker V2, May 19, 2014.

1. I just posted this on another thread and it struck me that I should really stick it here.

and here is a picture of Debbie Evans - the stunt rider from the above clip - posing with my bike and Martin, the owner of Ducati Glasgow

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I thought all the mag Marchesinis had the zigzags

3. Difference between the two bikes Mmm good question, certainly more perky but far more refined and not so raw is my answer. 916 to 998 is a quantum leap though.[/QUOTE]
    So may I ask if you miss the power of your 999r compared to the matix

4. So may I ask if you miss the power of your 999r compared to the matix[/QUOTE]

Not at all, horses for courses. I do a number of track days a year so don't get hung up on bhp as many better riders on less power often smoke me and strongly believe if we were all honest we would be happy with 100 bhp on the roads.
    I did 186mph indicated on the IOM on the 999 and 170 on the 996 and to be honest the 999 was quicker getting there but the difference between them I could hardly tell ( a stop watch surely would). I miss the huge torque if honest, but that's all.

I've just sold my MV (190bhp) because it was so damn fast it was in my view unusable properly on UK roads, my licence would be gone, it's all in the wrist but using a fraction of same was damn boring. Although beautiful to view you just couldn't give it any stick, I got an indicated 129mph on the limiter in second so was mad, so it sadly went.
    The 748 is far more fun as you can actually wind it on......

5. I have not done any track days yet just road riding I just feel like I want a bit more was looking to do some track days this year also been looking at the California Superbike School looks a good day out once a while ago did Ron Has School I crashed on old hairpin Ron was nt happy told me I was a yanker

6. Ha ha sounds like Ron
    Track days are ace, top surface, no oncoming traffic etc but VERY addictive. IOM mountain also great fun, I used two tanks of gas going back and forth last year

7. Most tracks are miles away for me & have read that some track days are so full now that it's worse than riding on the road , having said that it was one of my new year resolutions but not being that quick a rider thought it would be better to do a school or 2 learn how to do it right instead of just thinking my last name is Rossi but at least I have the right bike for the job she ll make me look good as usual...
    Is there any dream bike you ve not had ? Do you have a track bike

8. My nearest decent circuits (2) are 2.5 hours away so a long day.
    Do the Police/advance rider course thingy very good value and top fun, you learn loads and get a video after taken by the tutor behind you. It's really good fun and you learn so much.

No track bike I prefer to use what I have, sometimes a big bike other times a small one to see what they do ( and all are far better than I ever will be )

Dream bike was a 996R but no readies then so bought the Fila so that's still o/s, otherwise it would be a 1098R
    You ?

9. Wow never thought of the police rider corse I will do some research ,a few friends been pulled over by some of the biker coppers around here (not speeding either just cornering knee down ) & let's say they were not very polite ,funny they used to be ok sign of the times I guess

Dream bike Uummm I don't think I ve owned enough different bikes to say had an old Suzi x7 when younger that was tuned to high heaven full fairing the works scared me to death (when running) wish I would have kept her ,
    so the bike you most regret selling why?

10. Most regret selling mmm Gt185, X7, Gt380, gt550, gt750, Maico 400, Mondial Piegga and my mint 5000 mile Fila.

11. What did you get for the Fila and when? :smile:

12. Sorry prices are private on public forums but market value was reached

13. Just interested as they appear to have risen a lot lately, would be interested if you would be kind enough to PM me - I bought mine about 20 months ago, one owner, fully documented mileage at every MOT - 1500 miles from new :smile:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. More than happy to PM when I locate the thing!

15. Top right envelope :upyeah:

16. That says start conversation, is that it rather than an actual message ?

17. That's it - Private Message is a conversation - only seen by those you add :)

18. The GT550 was the first bike I ever went on the back on was 14 that start of the love affair so how did your affair start

19. Off road bikes in fields, starting with a Honda step thru, then a Matchless 500 single road bike no less then motor cross mad beasts leading to leaving school and needing transport so a Yamaha DT 175 powerhouse was my first road bike, never been without since.

20. Had a FSIE then RD125 with a speeding ticket for 103mph

Do Not Sell My Personal Information