1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 998s Japan Import

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by andy j, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Yeah, your seat unit has the gold pin stripe on it and the 998s is silver.

2. I thought we did. Did you find a buyer for your seat unit? I’d been keen for it if not.

3. I have had a couple of ask me about buying the seat unit. I will be keeping a hold of it just now until I have everything I need to put i back to standard.

4. Sure, please just keep me in mind. Obvs none of us will be sitting on it for a while yet!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Not had the best of days. Started by snapping my 1/2" breaker bar trying to get the rear hub nut of my 1200 monster. Then moving the monster into the garage and it slipped out my hand. Boom, the mirror goes straight into the 998 carbon Air tube!
    [​IMG]

So i will need to keep an eye out for a ducati performance air tube!

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • WTF WTF x 1
  6. There is one on the other side ..

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Don't quote me on this lads is the 998s air box not different its a deep sump testestretta motor ? They are a much rarer to get airbox?

8. The 998 airbox is different to all the previous models

9. Sorry wasn't sure if it was across the range just remember they were way more expensive when I found them for sale when I got my 998s

10. He only needs the air tube. Are they not common across the range? Then sell on what is surplus to requirements.

11. That i couldn't tell you !!!

12. Er, not so...….it's the same as a 996R.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. 996r is carbon....

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Interesting. What's different about them?

15. The shape towards the rear and the hole positions.

16. Good to know although I can't see a carbon 996r airbox coming up too cheap ! You will get the airtubes handy just not Ducati performance ones ! Good luck on the search @andy j

• Like Like x 1
  17. Same shape, different material.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information