1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 998s Japan Import

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by andy j, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Different then.

2. Read this thread with interest. So sorry to hear about your mishap; hope you get it sorted soon. In that pic on the roadside, it looks the most beautiful bike. I've never owned a 996, but still have my second 748. I have wondered how they would be in traffic, and imagine the gearing should be lowered a bit.

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  3. Thanks, I personally think the 998s is one of the nicest looking bikes in my opinion. It will look even better when I'm finished with it. I will get it fixed. I live in a rural area so traffic isn't a massive issue. Dropping the front sprocket size had definitely helped with making it more usable when riding at lower speeds.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I had a 1990 GSXR750L Japanese import that was restricted to 113mph, was faster in 5th than 6th.

• Like Like x 1
  5. @ginge46 hopefully pointing you in the right direction with this thread.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Did you ever get your bike re-mapped? If you still need it doing give Sam a ring at Motohub in Stoke, he does a ride in ride out mapping service on the dyno or you can leave the bike and collect when done. Either way it usually takes a full day but you will notice the benefits. IMG_20210805_185707.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  7. I will keep that in mind. I'm slowly collecting parts to finish the bike the way I want it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information