1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998s Refurb

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by West Cork Paul, May 24, 2020.

1. Oooo it's like noel edmonds swap shop

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Will you bee Noel

3. We need to see pictures of hands before we can decide who's noel ?? :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Mind you @Markduc I haven't even started it yet:( so I've no idea what it sounds like.

It arrived Wed with a flat(ish) battery due to the Datatool Veto alarm beeping continually whilst in transit for a couple of days. I charged it. Tried to start it the other day, no luck :(, flat battery again after too many attempts. Old fuel most likely having been standing there for the last 14 months since being used.

NB. It did start when Expat looked at it - eventually - so I'll get there.

5. Thought a tank top would be enough

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. He had tiny hands and fingers didn't he:thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Paul, can’t see the old fuel being a biggy if it was started a few days earlier. You know these have a choke lever on them?

Ian

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. I seen that hedge somewhere before? A bike builders hedge me thinks

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Yeah, I didn’t at first, was looking for the little button underneath the throttle like on the 748 but then saw it on the other side. Of course I never RTFM’d did I, I mean, come on, I’m a man. Anyway I fiddled with that but nothing.

I have to admit the battery seems a bit weedy. It’s a ‘12’ whereas the one on the 748 is a ‘16’, I can’t see the CCA rating for it as it’s in back to front and I haven’t taken it out yet. Mainly as I know from experience as soon as I take it out the Datatool is going to go ballistic :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Stick at it mate, you’ll get there! :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Get a set of 50mms and check you have the correct ecu. Far more cost effective and easily sourced than fannying around with anything else!

#32 JoeC, May 24, 2020
    Last edited: May 24, 2020
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. F4D064CB-6CAF-43DB-9A87-0EBC2816E03F.png
    It should be the top one of these!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. You and your ECUs are at the back of my mind already :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Much better at the forefront! :innocent:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Is it nearly finished yet?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. I’d be happy to take the 45mm pipes off you paul If you need to raise some groats as my 916 is a bog stock biposto engine so probably would fare a lot better than with the 50mm slip ons.

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. 998s is probably my favourite Ducati, you have one and I’m jealous...but as I am a nice fella I wish you all the best and lots of enjoyment from her .

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Just fekkin get it started and ride it Paul, if you stsrt stripping it you'll never get past the front sprocket :p
    Great looking bike dude :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. I always wanted a black 998S with white number boards with all the bells and whistles.....but with a 1198 engine in it.

Good luck and enjoy....

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information