1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998s Refurb

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by West Cork Paul, May 24, 2020.

1. there you go jewell... Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 08.15.29.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. That seems a very cheap price and someone got a bargain there, assuming there was no reserve. It doesn’t say what the silencers are made from (do Termi do s/steel ones or are those Titanium as they appear) nor the diameter but I’m guessing 45mm. If they were 50mm then I need to investigate why they didn’t come up in my eBay search.

3. You probably need 45 to 60 to 50.... for the real power!

• Useful Useful x 2
  4. Nice one mate! In myopinion the 998S is the best you can get for reasonable money. As far as the ecu, it’s better to get it sorted on the test bench, they can flash your original ecu and it runs much smoother than just different 50mm open ecu, which is always set a bit rich. Anyway nice looking bike and looking forward to the results. Cheers Nick

08AF584F-6437-4C4B-977B-40E952753B09.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. they were from a stock 996 and he was collection only. I reckon if he'd have offered postage he could have added another 100 easily onto that.

Slip-ons live in the 250 - 400 mark especially if you have the 45-x link pipes for the bigger bores.

Desmoquattro likes the stepped bores, but the testastretta like the overall constant bore as Andyb has said.

6. I have been doing some research on the matter (I like reading:)), iirc 60mm pipes need some rejigging of the right hand footrest assembly to accommodate what is a 20% increase in pipe dimensions at that point. I guess you’ve done it Andy, is that the case?

7. Sorry my humour.... I was taking the piss about the full exhaust tgg BF at was for sale..

• Like Like x 1
  8. image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ah, @andyb humour understood now :upyeah:

If I understand things correctly @Sev and @andyb a constant bore throughout would be preferable (coupled with dyno time)?

I’ll confirm definitively when I take the exhaust apart for cleaning & polishing but at the moment it looks like the 45mm pipes of the silencers have just been pushed inside the 50mm of the exhaust pipes:(. I’m not in the shed at the moment so can’t check on my 748 but shouldn’t the collector pipe that runs into the silencer sit between the inner & outer walls that have been created at the join with the exhaust pipes? :thinkingface:
    06135A2F-2898-4612-AB1D-BDEBBEBA252A.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I’d say that exhaust joint is the wrong way..if you think about the direction of the gases.. image.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I’d buy that tomorrow if that was a road bike..

12. @West Cork Paul, since you have the 50mm link pipe already I don't mind sending you my 50mm pipes so you can try them.
    the pipes should sit outside the sleeved portion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. That’s what I was thinking, there’s no seal there. Maybe explains why @Expat Jack said it sounds really good, blowing exhaust :joy:. I’ll be checking soon:upyeah:

14. That’s very kind of you Seb and thank you, however there’s no need as I have the original silencers which have 50mm collector pipes so I can always put them back in the bike whilst I wait to find the right set of silencers.

15. They look like titanium but yes they also do steel
    i didn’t realise you needed the pipes too. I have a couple of sets of termi 50’s in c/f and one set in titanium. Set of Akras in titanium but I would have to measure them, they may be 54mms!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. F9C2BAD5-31A6-4A71-93CB-168309187159.jpeg
    I also have these in 50mm, in aluminium alloy of some kind.

• Like Like x 1
  17. That looks like someone has fitted reducers/expanders (depending on which direction you're looking at) to get one size to fit another, a bit like plumbing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. they would rock on that testastretta engine :)

19. Could be Leo Vince also, I really do have too much stuff to get shot of!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information