1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998s Refurb

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by West Cork Paul, May 24, 2020.

1. Daft head, you need Plumbers Mate :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Apologies, forgot about the potential for oils :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. :eek: I’ve only just recovered from shock.

I ordered the HT lead from a Ducati dealer and it was £95 fooking spondoolies. FFS:mad:. For one:astonished:. If only I knew the correct car part that’s the equivalent :(; a quick eBay check shows car ones (fiat/Lancia, similar looking) at anything from £12 to £50 for 4. I bet there’s one in use on a car out there that’s exactly the same. I bet @finm knows.

Having got well and truly bummed on that part I then got charged £10 for an exhaust spring and a further £15 for a fuel tank breather pipe. FFS the last one is just a bit of petrol resistant tubing:mad:.

Painters/Plumbers mates/tin foil are all good and more cost effective suggestions :upyeah:

4. We are here to help

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. ignion leads? looks like they're from the 1200 16v mrk 1 bravo/brava. which failed often.

6. Too short perhaps :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. nah, just cheep italian shit.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. See, I knew Fin knows his Fiats. Cheers Fin:upyeah:.

Unfortunately it's not the Bravo/Brava Mk 1:(. I just checked on ebay, they're different, but I'm gonna find out which one it is for future reference. I'm also gonna find out which one(s) it isn't aka the one that someone put on the bike before which is 5mm too short (and doesn't fully weather seal the plug hole in the cylinder head:(, good job Owner No.1 never used the bike in the wet).

9. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

10. i think its called, reassuringly expensive.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Perhaps I ought to rename my bikes Stella :joy:

12. i would call it Steve. Steve Austin.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. I know thing move at a different pace in Ireland but

upload_2020-8-13_12-37-56.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Funny you should say that. I’ve been waiting for parts but this arrived in today’s post :upyeah: so I can now crack on.

DE2E7AAE-0587-40E8-B5A1-5419F8F74BAB.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Bloody hell Paul. I knew you were tight but that wallet looks like it has never been opened. :blush:

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. I thought the wallet was brand new ??o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. What's in the box? I thought he'd bought a wallet

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. LOL :joy: the ‘wallet’ was put there to stop weirdos seeing my address and then stalking me. My mum warned me about strange men on these interweb Forum thingies :confused:.

Actually, it’s a coin purse. I know, I know, I can foresee the ridicule now:astonished:. It’s about 5cm squared and currently contains 2 dead batteries of different sizes, 3 random coins and 2 cobalt drill bits - weird, I know.

For those who are really interested the box contained the MOST expensive parts Ducati have probably ever sold. An HT lead at £98.52 including vat :eek:. (Well it is for a 996R according to the label, probably would have been 1/2 that price if I’d ordered one for a 998.)
    A bit of plastic tubing at £15.30.
    A spring at £10.40 - a veritable bargain comparatively.

The HT is so expensive I think I might spray it gold and frame it! It would be a shame to use it and wear it out at that price.

2F5BF674-2324-46A7-8901-43D0DCEE2D14.jpeg 38C668FA-B9C1-471B-AD5C-2B672EF1A72E.jpeg 84B0F81C-25B0-4920-A5CA-8A9CB6493FA1.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information