1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 998s

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by manx999, May 26, 2019.

1. To own yes, but not to sell as it would be non original for the pure puppies :p

2. Confirmed in Falloon's Standard Catalogue of Ducati bikes and his history of the Desmoquatro Superbikes, first 155 were built for the US market

3. Ahhh bless em ...power to weight rules, but yep if ye minted very unlikely the bike will be used anyway it will be just one of many sat in the garage appreciating which I find a shame but that’s coming from someone who isn’t wealthy and likes seeing bikes been used...machines need using or they go to pot.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I must like bikes more than you :yum I'm always skint due to buying too many (but manage 4 on the road) and store the rest correctly so they don't :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  5. There were 155 for the UK market, and 155 for the US. I recall the US ones were slightly different in relation to the plaque - I think the UK ones said '000/155' and the US ones just said '000'. I have the original press stuff somewhere from the Ducati website at the time.
    Couple of photos 1x UK Wallpaper, 1x US launch photo of Ben

998 Bostrom 1 of 155 bikes pic no01.jpg

f9.jpg

6. He was asking about 998S Bostroms, the US were base models, what about the Australasia/Far East?

7. I was adding clarification around the UK and US models, not sure about Asia - don't recall them having a allocation, but was focussing on the UK as I was contemplating getting one at the time. Think they were 12k new in the UK.

8. Yeh, not sure but someone mentioned above the same allocation for the far East - just adding the clarification that the USA models were not 998S's and wonder what the far east ones were if they existed :thinkingface:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information