1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 999 - An Idea Before Its Time

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by gliddofglood, Apr 12, 2018.

1. I just got a yellow 749 and looking forward to getting to know it. I`m with you on the power thing, plenty for me and my limited ability.

2. what you need is a 848, swaps? :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. I like 'em. I had a yellow 749 and now have a yellow 999, because I missed the 749. They're lovely things, but the person who designed the battery box really needs to think hard about what they did... if they simply *had* to put it there then they should have made the loom a bit longer. Still a great bike though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Took my 999 for the first spin of the year yesterday and it was fab.
    Started immediately and felt light on its feet, flckable, smooth and powerful.
    Parked next to a bench on the seafront at Exmouth and sat and soaked up the Spring sunshine.
    Of the people who stopped to talk about the bike, one of them was on an electric bicycle due to diabetes and eyesight problems, so lost his license.
    He'd had all sorts including a GSXR and a Rocket 3, so knew his bikes.
    He asked how long I'd had the bike and was clearly expecting an answer in weeks or months and was amazed when I told him 4 years and incredulous when I told him it was a 2003 bike.
    He thought it was fresh from a showroom floor.
    Many times I've been asked if my 03 plate is a cherished plate because the bike looks so new and current.

• Like Like x 4
  5. I was not a fan to start with but i saw one outside P&H motorcycles back in 2014 and i thought they looked so much better in the flesh compared to the photographs,so now i'm a huge fan:upyeah:

• Like Like x 4
  6. :eyes:

7. Genius !

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Okay, okay, so you all like the Terblance 999 now, waiting for the same thing to happen with my Terblance SSie......waiting....waiting.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. Should have kept mine and extended the garage. As several have already mentioned a lot of people were very surprised it was an 06 plate.

AED39B7D-BC92-4158-9768-24AC210F9DC7.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I didn't like them then, and I still don't like them now. Sorry!

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  11. That's perfectly acceptable, but you are in a minority now whereas before you weren't :):upyeah::motorcycleduc:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. I already love them, took about a year from when they came out but once I saw a yellow one up close that was it, all those curves lining up from the back, fantastic. Much as I like the original carby ,for me the SSie is a big improvement. The good thing about them being less popular is that it keeps the prices down.

#32 dukesox, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. No need to be sorry Raz, you certainly weren't the only one to go "WTF is THAT!!! when they were released.
    Point is, over time, people (some not all) have come to love the design.
    Be pretty boring if we all had the same taste.
    Take the new offerings for example, I'm not a fan, in fact, if it hasn't got a trellis frame I'm not really interested.
    Ok, I'd have an S/L 2 if I was given one :).

14. When they were released i hated them, and didn't pay them any attention until about 5 or 6 years ago at bsb cadwell park i saw one and realised it looked incredible. If there had been a generation or two too blend the styling from the 916 to the 999 it would have been loved by all from day 1.

People who still hate them only do because they are in denial that the 916 has a genuine contender.

• Like Like x 3
  15. IMG_6144.JPG IMG_6145.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  17. Single sided paddock stand?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Great choice Sir!
    [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Agreed, but don't under estimate the build quality (except for the fuel hose connectors that came out of a $1 garden irrigator kit) and the aero of the body kit. No hammerhead shark wings or fins but serious time in awind tunnel. Cheap now and readily collectible IMHO.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information