1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 999 - An Idea Before Its Time

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by gliddofglood, Apr 12, 2018.

1. I think that Terblanche got the styling spot on.

IMG_20180403_105042.jpg

IMG_20180402_143045.jpg

That design hasn't dated, and the tail section if anything looks bang up to date compared with R1, Panigale etc.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. His and hers:heart_eyes:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  3. Totally agree, I've had mine for 14 years, couple of minor problems but no real issues.
    Nearly traded it in a while ago, so glad I didn't, they offered 2k at the time.
    Just got a new Multistrada but still ride the 999, love the looks and the ride.
    It still gets some admiring glances.

4. Weather you like the Terblanche styling or not is opinion and taste - What the 999 series did from the previous model was up the ante as a road and race bike - no denying that ! The machine was improved in every area ( styling is always a matter of taste)
    An M C N staff member told me recently it was/is one of his favourite bikes as he had a memorable time when he had it on test (999) compared to other sports bikes at the time and he also did some touring on it which he said he would never have contemplated on previous Ducati's.

5. I always thought the exhaust stuck out far too much on the Mono, but that picture cures that, looks fantastic.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I remember reading at the time that there was something like 140 changes from the previous models, still a great bike.

7. Wasn't mad on these until I saw it in gloss Black, then I had to have one. I still love it 13yrs on and always look back...

749.jpg

• Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information