1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Issues. Can You Help?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by 999Mark, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Yes, it could've shorted the ECU.

@chrisw will give advice..

2. Did you connect the battery the wrong way when fitting new cables?

3. Not that i'm aware of. I would have thought that would be very difficult as the cables are pretty much held in place.
    The cable kit was fitted without a battery in place.
    So a shorted ECU would still run the bike?

4. So your v coil is the original and the front has been changed ....

5. If the filter and hose doesn't change anything I may replace both coils.

If that doesn't work I'll be booking it in!

6. I was told that an ECU can be damaged but still run the bike, a common symptom is for one of the fans to run at switch on.
    The front coil is much more vulnerable on these bikes, so having a replacement, later-spec coil on the front only is probably commonplace.

7. Hi guys.
    Thank you all for the input and it seems we have the issue sorted.
    The main fault was with the fuel pressure regulator. It was leaking! I noticed this when I removed the tank and there was a small but constant leak from the return side of the tank. If it was leaking one way it must also have been leaking the other way resulting in low fuel pressure.
    This has made starting easier and she now flies!!
    The in tank hoses and fuel filter were replaced while I had it apart.
    I did have an engine light on. This was traced to the left hand fan being disconnected. The fan was actually seized and consequently replaced.
    @chrisw very kindly sent me his standard care package. I was able to use this to reset the TPS and clear any fault codes.

Thanks again.

Mark.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Glad the fuel pressure regulator sorted the problem :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information