1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 999 Mc Brake Lines

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by daimatt, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Hi all,

After what appears to be a failure of my standard master cylinder I though I'd finally get around to fitting the radial MC I had loitering in the garage.
    After some research I'm 100% sure it's from a 999 and luckily it also seems to be a good upgrade. I can sort the reservoir fitment without a problem, and if needed can fit a banjo bolt brake light switch as I don't have a 999 one of those.
    The main issue I need your help with is the brake lines. I have standard 996 calipers and obviously the MC fitment is different between the 996 and 999. Is there an off the shelf brake line to sort this or do I need to get a set made up to fit?

Cheers in advance.

2. HEL can probably make what you need.

3. I just ordered a set from Hel and it was easy to get the lines made. Using an old piece of brake line, place it over the hole centres between the master and caliper. Measure the length then call and tell them the spec you want. I think it works out at about £28 per length including the fittings. Don’t worry about the banjo angles neither as they can be safely rotated by using a 10mm bar through the banjo and holding the fixing behind it with a pair of grips.

Ian

4. They didn't have what I wanted for my 999 on list but figured it out for me.

5. Cheers everyone :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information