1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 999 - Pressure Forces Sale

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Old rider, Oct 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thread moved...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Could you expand on this please, I don’t fully understand...
    Ta

3. I’m nice most of the time, as you well know :)

4. meh... id like to elaborate on that but meh is safe...... lol... you are ok dude.. if i had to mark you out of 10 you wouldnt get 1 but thats no bad thing at all....

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. The times I’m not is in response to those that aren’t to me. But you know that :)

6. what you talking about willis?

7. They first will want you to believe that they are very kosher, they will have all their social media impeccable, they pay a deposit which is perfect in order , then he would say , yes I pay in full but the courier needs paying but he only accepts cash, if I pay that to you can you pay him, then he pays you not by Bacs but by for example western union or pay pal or even a cheque, which you can cash in first by the bank before you give the bike to the courier and pay the courier , the bank accepts the payment , it shows in your account, the bank then retracts the payment a few days later because the payment was fraudulent, you then lost your bike and the money paid to courier, they have tried it with me, but I didn’t let my car go, went in person to the bank and told them I think it’s a scam, bank said no all is ok, to then tell me 3 days later is was not....... HSBC ......... then not just pulled the money back out, they pulled double the money out, I had to explain that if you start with 0 apples in a basket , then put 1 Apple in , then take 1 Apple out again you are back at 0 apples, hsbc thinks you are at minus 1 ......... pffffff

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Do you think the courier is in on this scam or not??

9. Also, you say you didn’t let the car go. What made you smell a rat???

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Gut feeling, and that’s mostly to be trusted

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Also do you really need the money? If your wife doesn’t want you to ride it anymore because she is too worried, and you think there is something of a truth in that feeling, why not keep it to admire and look at it, keep it pristine, see it as a work of art, which it is, it’s not going to loose any money, it will be worth more in 15 years time ?

• Like Like x 1
  13. This whole episode beggars belief and is what makes me really weary about dealing in the private second hand market. If you’d stuck by the original deal and agreement that you were happy to accept the bike would have gone by now and it would have avoided all this grief. I’ve always honoured a shaked hand and agreement to a deal.

14. For balance, I have never, ever, had any problem. Always BACS. Buyer expects that. Then, when I see the money in my account then the bike or cash is theirs. Pretty instantaneous these days.

Good luck (again).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. I’ve sold 2 bikes over the years, both paid by BACS, where the sellers didn’t view the bikes personally and sent couriers.

No problems at all, if it makes you feel happier once the payment hits your account why not transfer it straight away to another account.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. That doesn't mean it cannot be refunded back to the originating bank, should there be a legitimate reason to do so.
    It just means you'll get charges on top of the overdraft/debt.

However I agree with the sentiment that BACS is pretty secure, you can always call the bank and confirm that it cannot be recalled. If you are really concerned insist on CHAPS (£20-40 fee), that cannot be returned.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Good point the other account. I have an account set up specifically to send and receive transactions like this. Balance is always £1:00 before and after transaction.

18. Key word here is legitimate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Also worth noting some online accounts have a single transfer maximum amount. Especially to a new account/person,
    Friend got caught up in this scenario: buyer turns up, goes online to pay a big wedge using his phone, bank freezes buyers account immediately. Took a while to sort out. Buyer had no idea there was a single transaction limit on his online account/App.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Do you not wonder if the potential buyers have also checked you out? checked the bike out? found you on social media, found this story on social media?....it works both ways, and i dont believe that anyone on here wouldn't haggle about a price, especially once they have seen the bike in flesh!

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information