1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 999 - Pressure Forces Sale

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Old rider, Oct 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Correct but should not worry OR on this transaction. Normal rules apply. No release of bike until full funds received.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. If you’ve got a friend with you too, take a few pictures/video of the buyer. (Covert stylie). No need to get the floodlights out, just a few snaps. Put phone on silent & turn flash off:upyeah:

3. And to be doubly sure once the seller has told you that he has paid in by BACS and you’ve seen the money appear in your account call your bank and ask them to confirm that the money is in your account and can’t be taken out again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Sorry, that's simply not true. You would have hoped it was, but it isn't.

I can PM you a bank statement from my business account that received two BACS payments for the same invoice.
    The sending company (not bank) made a mistake.
    I was in the process of calling my customer to ask for their bank details to make a refund when their bank requested the money back and Santander gave it to them!
    I didn't need to get involved. Happened just Q4 last year.
    I was as surprised as anyone as I thought it was mine if it was in my bank.

#324 AirCon, Feb 24, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2020
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Agreed, but I just wanted to point out they can call the money back. It's not iron clad.

• Like Like x 1
  6. In this instance, no buyer, just a courier.

7. Photo pap the courier if you can. I’m sure it’s going to be fine. It’s just what I’d do in cases like this. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. I thought he was selling a bike not government secrets..

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. True, but a photo speaks a thousand words.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Selling - proper real money first possession
    Buying - confirmed identity and possession before handover

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. I don’t agree with the last half, and you don’t have to believe me but I’ve done it many times. If the seller has taken good quality pictures of the areas that you’ve asked for, and he’s answered all your questions and nothing is vastly different to this on arrival then I certainly wouldn’t turn up and start haggling after we’d come to an agreement. Yes, perhaps I’ve been lucky but by talking to people on the phone you usually get the picture. I do my best to trust people even now, I don’t think we do it enough.

• Love You Love You x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Caviat emptor...
    you are buying a bike not a friend

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. I agree, it’s a mistake to start joking and getting too friendly before you’ve seen the car/bike but some people i’ve bought things from have gone on to become friends when I hadn’t expected it. Cobbett mentions a similar experience above.

• Like Like x 1
  14. So, I have received the balance in my account.
    I rang the bank for their advice and they said that if the buyer tries to claim that the money was sent in error, they would always contact me first and, as long as I have something like an email trail to demonstrate that it is a genuine transaction, I will be fine.
    I have that email trail.
    I also asked him to confirm he was happy to accept the bike ‘as seen’ on the basis of photographs sent and he said yes.
    I also told him I would photograph the bike as it goes in the van, in case it gets damaged in transit.
    So, I think everything is looking as good as it can at this stage.
    Thanks so much for all the advice everyone!!

• Like Like x 10
    • Love You Love You x 1
  15. Transfer all bar a pound into another account for a few weeks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. You can buy friends.... in this country?
    And sorry to be pedantic on the Latin, but it would be Caveat Venditor (as he is selling).

• Like Like x 5
    • Love You Love You x 1
  17. You can buy friends in any country, just depends how much you want to spend.

Very good on the latin Mutley, "seller (vendor) beware"

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1

18. have you seen the bike.......:joy::joy::joy: only kidding....

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. It’s like Walking Dead. Was great for the first two series but now we’re grateful its ending!!

:joy::joy::laughing::sob::joy::upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. as above, well it's been a great thread OR, will miss the distraction, only hope you are in a position to get another one one day. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information