1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 999 Reasons Why I Had To Have It…….

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by tcrofty7, Oct 9, 2021.

1. well done mate looks cracking :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lovely bike!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Excellent choice of bike! Truly a masterpiece well ahead of its time!

• Like Like x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  4. Still waiting for the next 995 reasons why…

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. What a cracking bike, has the guy got anymore bikes for sale - well done mate.

DSC_1453.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  6. cracking bike, the later models with the big swingarms etc really are a lovely bike to my eye. There was a black one advertised last year that I was tempted by. Also looking back now, when you watch people like JHS dyno'ing 959 Panigale's etc, and you look at what torque these made from 1k revs up through to about 9k, they are stunning, really old school twin.

Actually there is probably a whole generation of Twin riders who have no idea what real torque is, that might include me in honesty having never ridden a 1198 but having ridden SP1's and RSV Mille's etc. Probably another thread!

• Like Like x 1
  7. A fellow forum member and friend of mine bought the black 999. It was an import like mine so not a true UK Nero.

8. Hi Phill, its funny you mention SP1's and RSV Mille's (SP with 3000 miles and RSV with 9k miles)

DSC_1424.JPG DSC_8522.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  9. hope you dont mind the gratuitous XX9 pic. i used to think they looked mingin' but im a convert now

IMG_20210401_1559546.jpg

IMG_20210401_1600251.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  10. Cheers mate possibly looking to sell

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wayyyyy before their time these.

I like you, believed these bikes to be the work of Satan until recently. And now suddenly… I think they’re beautiful

Very very nice shorty

• Like Like x 1
  12. Garage is full, garage is full, garage is full!!!

I need to keep telling myself that!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. In Geordie land we'd say Git Canny :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. That is absolutely beautiful. And spotless. Agree on how the appeal is growing - it sure has with me. Bought a regular 999 in June in same state - hadn't been ridden seriously for 10+ years. Had several no-use side effects I'm working now. I still haven't ridden it. But I sure am learning it. One of the obvious refreshed items were the 2005 vintage tires - looks like your rear tire has a similar vintage.

r-

Tom C.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Brand new tyres, only 16 years old!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Hi Tom C, if i sell the bike it will be fully serviced and tyres renewed by Corner Speed so no worries there.

• Like Like x 1
  17. please please please put some miles on it and report back

18. Sold it :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information