1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Refurbishment

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Cream_Revenge, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Ps, how's your T9 coming on?

2. That could be a constant problem but the at the angles I get the mirrors are pointing at the ground anyway

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. can you show me yours as i tried pointing mine in and they got totally in the way all the time.

4. Not as handsome as me then... ;) lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Tank all repaired. Invisible repaired. All polished and looking really good. Stuck pad back, got little glue on tank, paint came off tank. Turns out it was the impact adhesive that removes fresh paint and lacquer, not the concoction. Bugger bugger buggering buggers

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  6. To those of you who said to paint her black :Watching:.
    Not funny. Shows every single little spec of dust, dirt and fingerprint. And I just got a "yeah, blacks the hardest colour to paint, shows everything." Thanks.

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. MOT passed and then full tank of gas and a 15mls round trip to Halfords.
    Good points:
    Love the new Vtrec leavers.
    New clutch slave is super light and neutral easy to find.
    Sounds fruitier and seems like a bit more power with decat exhaust but not offensive.
    Forget how fun she is

Bad point: racing fuel cap leaked fuel over the tank. Not sure of I over filled or a dodgy seal or I didn't do cap tight enough. Anyway, upshot is it's melted the clear coat on the tank. This tank is a proper ball ache.

8. Fuel cap seal should be checked at the MOT.

• Like Like x 1
  9. It looks ok. And had an almost empty tank at that point.

10. Turns out, the rubber seal on the OEM fuel cap and the quick racing fuel cap are different. Dope! Swapped, cleaned up the area to try to get a better seal, rubbed tank back with 3000grit and ran out of time. Will attack with some pads and G3 + G10 later.......

11. Tank freshly polished and all traces removed. Glad I put a lot of clear on. Now for another test.
    IMAG1207.jpg

Of course a slightly brighter child would have tested BEFORE polishing the tank.

12. Bugger[​IMG]WHY THE HELL IS IT LEAKING!?!??!??!?!

13. I think it's coming out this hole. Are you not supposed to fill the tank with these????[​IMG][​IMG]

14. Fixed
    [​IMG]
    Anyone want to buy a fancy racing fuel cap?

• Like Like x 4
  15. Cap resprayed and fitted. I prefer the silver.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

#457 Cream_Revenge, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Works well with the gloss black :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Audi phantom pearlescent black thank you.[emoji102]

18. Sound measured at 98db. Was aiming for 100 but would rather be low than high.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information