1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Refurbishment

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Cream_Revenge, Oct 28, 2016.

1. School Straight might be a clue to a straight and perhaps the start/finish straight too? Are you a goldfish perhaps?
    Corner, corner, corner, straight, corner, corner, corner, straight, corner, corner, corner...why is there no fucking straights :eek:

2. @Air Duck , honestly, its better than no TD but knowing how much you love Silverstone you'll not take to Rockingham.

• Like Like x 1
  3. How long is that layout mate or roughly how much time per lap? Looks interesting from the drawing TBH, I can see why they would put turn 1 as a chicane though - I can just imagine my bike lying in the run off!

4. They are an annoying length. Long enough to get along side but not long enough to fully pass. Therefore you either politely drop back behind or stuff it up the inside and fuck someone up. Hence all the red flags.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. Turn 1 has no run off, it's a concrete wall!

6. I got 1 inters session on go-pro, will stick on I-tube tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Ah fk! Would you bring me grapes then?

• Love You Love You x 1
  8. You really wouldn't want his grapes :eek:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thanks for the consideration mate. Yeah I was asking as I want some tight-track playgrounds for the next few months mate :upyeah:

10. "School straight" is about the same length as "international pit straight" at Silverstone to give an idea of size.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. It is tight. The banding between the infield and the banked circuit takes some getting used too.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. That's not too bad mate.

This is what Marquez was doing just before the braking point on the National Pit Straight last month, this was a 2:02 lap (which is GP-level good). FWIW our bikes can do about 140MPH (real speed) at this point if you're pushing it:

MM National Pit Straight.PNG

13. To be honest, if it was an empty track without the nob heads, after the 3rd session the track was ok. No Silverstone though.

• Like Like x 1
  14. When you do Silverstone, how often do you overtake on that straight though? And at Rockingham it starts with a hairpin and finishes with a tight chicane.

15. I overtake wherever I can safely do so really, on that straight I've overtaken going into to it, all along it, and going into and through the first corner at the end of it - just sayin eh. If you can do it safely then do it, otherwise you're spending longer behind someone you've caught up with already :upyeah:

Yeah I see it now, at Silverstone we're coming onto that straight at around 120MPH and Copse is good for a genuine 80-90MPH.

Chances are you could probably benefit from a radical gearing change for a circuit like that mate, lose the unnecessary top end and gain in acceleration.

I appreciate you're somewhat tired and have a bad day but at some point it would be interesting to hear how you got on with your bike's handling at that circuit, was it all hard work?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I don't think I hit 5th once.

17. What gearing you running?

18. -1 front, +2 rear (14/38?)

19. Mainly, I didn't like the tarmac when I was there. Minimal and unpredictable grip on a wet/drying track. One of the corners claimed seven Ducatis during the course of two sessions, IIRC. Mine went in the kitty litter, absolutely no warning whatsoever before the front tucked. I could hardly keep my footing there, let only keep the bike shiny side up. Same story for the other six riders.

I am an enthusiastic road rider, and came late to TDs. Thus, I love Cadwell, Brands GP ... Donington is cool - whereas Rockingham feels completely artificial and alien to me, it gives me none of the cues that the road, and certain tracks, give.

That said, i am no track goat, and my days of being a road goat are behind me. My opinion should carry little weight, especially if the circuit has sorted out the track surface since I was there.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. @Air Duck , I like long sweeping corners like Stowe. The only thing like that at Rockingham is the 3 infield left's which turns into one big left hander. There are 2 short tight 90° and the 2 x180's are like Montreal at Snetterton.

If you want something different to Silverstone, it could be perfect but as it certainly is different. Pits/toilets are fine. Fuel was over £1.50.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information