1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 V 996

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Cream_Revenge, Apr 2, 2016.

1. ps Have you played with the tyre pressures? Try checking out the tyre manufacturers recommendation for your bike. 999s seem pretty sensitive to tyre pressure - I'm using 2.2/2.4 in my Michelins atm and it's handling beautifully

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Dirty

• Like Like x 1
  3. It's called evolution a well set up 999 will always out perform any 916/996 /998 the results speak for themselves

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. 999 was the better bike, I owned one for 3 years and loved it. Yeah the looks were iffy at the time but it has aged well.

• Like Like x 2
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  5. After 6months of 999 ownership:
    I prefer the 999.
    But I love the 996 more.

If I had to sell one it would be the 999. Luckily, I don't :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dare I say it ? The 999 is a better bike.....and to look at. I'm not saying the 996 is ugly. Its stunning, just looking dated compared to the 999. Like an F40 and an F458.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Had a 916 & 996 but much preferred my 999 if I'm honest.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I'm sure the 999 is a better bike, but I love my 996 and wont be parting with it for a long while yet. Just had it serviced/MOT'd and rode it for the first time in 6 months, started first time and was brilliant.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Just to throw in a mix! 851/888 far better looking than than either of the 916/996 machines(I like them all) but own and prefer the 851!
    They go well for fast ROAD use,always attract a crowd!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. I think a mint 888 will look a lot more special these days than a 916. Far fewer of them.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Are you still calling that a 996?

12. Not anymore it ain't. ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  13. I did not know what the boke meant, so I did a little research and found THE BOKE -verb: The eager anticipation/excitement of the first night in prison hoping that the boys will be popping around tonight???

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. We all like an easier ride but the one you want to KEEP is the 9** series.

15. Did you forget the word BEFORE after the word before? A slight typo maybe?

16. Yeh so will my toe nail clippings

17. Did you forget the word BEFORE, before development a slight typo maybe?

18. There is always one.

19. I met my first 999 rider without a helmet on earlier

20. image.jpeg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information