1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 V 996

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Cream_Revenge, Apr 2, 2016.

1. You seem fine on the Guinness just leave the absinthe alone.

2. I'm colour blind as well bless.

3. Glad you're back, err, Rod :D

4. :Bucktooth:

5. :Bucktooth:

6. :Bucktooth:

7. Pardon??

8. :Bucktooth:

9. Perhaps he's menkal? :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. I can tolerate one bad looking part on a bike, but the 999 has two major ones IMHO. The front lights look terrible, and so does the swingarm. Actually, I've just decided I dislike the entire front of the 999, it all looks...wrong.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  11. I used to feel the same way and still do so for the later style facelifted bike with black swinging arm but if you stand looking at them for long enough it all starts to make sense. Funny thing is the two sections of my 748 that I like the least are the headlights/nose fairing and swinging arm. In both cases each designer admitted to having difficulties in these areas.

• Like Like x 2
  12. The Chris Bangle designed 5 series BMW is an interesting parallel. It was a real shock at the time but time has treated it kindly and the design looks harmonious now in a way it really didn't when it first came out.
    Imho, both the 916 and 999 are great designs. The 916 had already been the 916, the 996 and the 998, what was Ducati to do?

13. This conversion gets around my swingarm 'hangup', I'd be tempted by one of these.

[​IMG]

14. IMG_2043.PNG
    Is it because it reminds you of this???

15. Is that where Ducati got their design ideas from? :grin:

BTW, 999 owners, I'm only joking!

16. Time to stop now you will make som
    Time to stop now someone will get annoyed image.jpeg

17. None taken....
    Mine is black, so it's the best kind..
    In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I mean, God, I'm nearly sick looking at it.... IMG_2044.JPG IMG_2047.JPG
    IMG_2051.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  19. Mine says it has two lights but I have to stop playing when I run out of street lights, I would do better with a candle.

20. Hats off it looks like a different beast in black..
    Forgive my ignorance but what are those slatty/airofoil thingies above/behind the front wheel are they functional for cooling or air flow???

Do Not Sell My Personal Information