1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 year 2000/01 Prototype - the Evidence...

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Exige, May 22, 2013.

1. @Exige did you know another of the Prototypes has come up in Germany

2. No, have seen a few of the pre prod ones, I suspect it is one of these? Tried to buy a couple of them over the last couple of years as they were cheap but the leafs were a bit iffy, even from a uk dealer advertising one of them for a mate in Italy.
    Any link?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Is it the same one? See post #186 from 2015 ?

4. I've Tracked all the others down and burnt them o_O

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. That would be good! Ian Faloon gave me an email address for him but had no reply - he moved a lot over the past few years.
    Ducati confirmed verbally that my findings were true that it was the first hand built proto from 2000 when I finally gave them the frame number but then the lady on the phone who read out an internal email didn't follow up in writing. When I checked with her she said she had got in trouble and wasn't allowed to send anything in writing :worried:

6. If you'd like me to ask, pls, pm me the details.

I'll can call a guy in Ducati and ask.

I'm not sure what he can do but, I don't see any reasons to not confirm something like this unless I am missing something

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Don’t spoil it for him matey, took him months of grinding them down before they said ‘er, ok, yeah it’s worth a bundle mate, you know why our onions more than we do!’

;) :p :)

8. Will PM you, just in case Bradders turns up trying to take the piss o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Don't worry, the guy I mentioned is a very close friend, outside of work. He won't spoil it for him. If he can, he'll help.

10. OMG... I miss England! You guys never stop!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Same sh** different day

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. You're lucky that I don't have any prototype or other relevant/pertinent pics for this thread ...
    :(

Unless @Exige asks me to post a generic pic, this time I'm out of luck! Can't post anything! :pensive:

13. Actually, I found a 998 prototype pic! Here you can see the origin of the organic design...
    IMG_20171015_075225.png

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Just read this whole thread... amazing stuff!

How many bags of wotsits are we up to?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. We are well past wotsits.

Bidding is in Cheetos now ... mmm Cheetos ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information